Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 New mission types I'd like to see.

LazyBunnyKiera

There are a few new mission types i'd like to see, some require teamwork, others not so much.

Horde Extermination - Hybrid survival extermination.. This one is simple, instead of a normal extermination of 50-200 enemies. You get 500-1000 enemies. So you'd have extermination missions with much higher kill requirements and the enemies continue to spawn and horde rush you the way survival missions do. Without timers, or life support.
Nightmare Horde Exterminate, starts at 2000 kills, and they spawn 2-3x faster, with increased run (but not attack) speeds. So a true horde slaughter mode.
Normal survival missions and Extermination missions are a bit too slow for me. And i don't want to spend 40 minutes in a survival for the fun stuff to start.

Tenno Rescue *Hijack*: A group, 2+ mission, where 1 person in the group is randomly selected as the operative that needs to be saved. A Aanuka pounces down quickly and takes them away on mission start stealing their warframe. So the tenno operative doesn't even get their warframe.
Instead of a jail prison cell, they're trapped in a control room/tower, and they need to unlock(hack) certain doors, and trigger certain events to allow the rest of the team to make it to the tower. Stuff like pull datamasks out of certain systems. All while defending against the occasional enemy that gets into the control tower.
Once at the control tower, the team can hack the door and let the tenno-teammate operative out. Then it turns into rescue hijack, where the team, tenno operative in tow, (can be given a secondary) needs to intercept a transport that has the Tenno's warframe locked away inside. And then get the player Tenno Operative and their warframe to the Landing craft extraction area.

Tenno Horde Defense. I think you know where i'm going with this one. A random teammate is chosen to be the Operative. They don't get their amp, focus abilities or arcanes. Instead they get... a Lato.. And a teammate can share a secondary weapon with them if they want. Like a Sortie Defense.
The player tenno gets standard operative health/shield so about 2k shields and 3k health or so.
What makes it a horde defense? The enemies spawn fast, so unlike a normal defense which will only have so many enemies out at a given time before spawning more for that wave, this one will just continue to spawn that waves enemies. And the cool down between waves is like.. 7 seconds tops. Hard/nightmare mode would be, the operative can't stand still for more than 10-15 seconds or they get "die" knocked down and need to get revived by another player. So not full dead, unless they run out of time, then mission over.

Tenno Only Missions: This would just be for players that already have Amps equipped. So it would only be open to players that have gotten that far in the store line and have built their first amp. or worst case, mote amp.
If your Tenno dies, it just gets knocked down to get picked up by other players, unless it times out, then your normal revive counter. They would be fairly standard missions, except the warframe is left on the landing craft.  We can kind of do this now, by leaving the WF at the start, but if we die, we poof back to it. And have to catch back up with the group.

These are just missions my friend and I thought would be fun. Since she and I are MR 26 and 24 respectively. So we just wanted something that would be a little faster pace, and also some stuff that requires team play in different ways. We also want our Tenno's to take a larger role in missions. The best part. The tile sets that we already have, could easily be used for this, so we don't need new tiles made. And the mechanics are already in the game in one form or another. So they'd only need to be modified. Hope other people like the ideas. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm digging the Tenno Rescue mission you suggested. I do think that there should be parts of the mission that only the tenno can do to make it more interested. Tenno role and warframe role. The problem I see with that would be that the warframe role is fully equipped and the real challenge is on the tenno side.

The only problem with the tenno-oriented missions is that it's assuming the player has completed at least the the War Within. If the entry is past the Quills place that's a good way to start.

I'm not as high MR as you are but I like the fervor behind your ideas.

Thank you. I mostly wanted this because our Tenno are so underutilized. Only coming out for the occasional buff or heal. And yeah, they'd only show up after the person has an amp, IE after the war within. similar to how arbitration only show up to people who unlocked the map or kuva fortress missions only show to people that have progressed that far.

So they'd just be new points on the (planets)map that only show up when you've done certain things.