Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Controller Aim Down Sights / Energy Channel Mapping With Flow Melee Bug

Six67

Using XB1 controller on PC. 

Ran into a bug that doesn't happen all the time, but I can reproduce.

Left trigger aims down sights. Left trigger used to activate melee channel in old melee system. This bind is still shared in the controller options screen.

When switching between melee and guns, eventually the left trigger no longer aims down sights with gun equipped; it only toggles melee channel. 

The mouse still works as intended with Fire and Aim on the buttons as described in the update. 

The problem is that you are unable to map melee actions off of the Aim down sights button, so the secondary fire button cannot share the melee channel. This leaves you unable to aim down sights at all, only toggle melee channel.

I tried playing the new update, tried to go and try out the new stuff before I have to work over the weekend. I feel like Nadath is correct, very few people in the Dev team use controllers on the regular, specially when testing out new changes that mess with controls.

Tried the resetting to default and it didn't fix it for me either. I think the error is entirely in the control mapping not letting energy channel unmap from left trigger and aim trying to map to secondary fire.

Think an easy fix for this any any future issues would be to add an advanced controller mapping function for players. Allow you to put any functions on any buttons and don't force you to have certain buttons bound. That way you can assign 2-3 functions to a single button that wouldn't make sense, but might fix people's problems. 

Same i struggled for hours with the update. I kept defaulting then retrying to set new binds. "Melee Channel" constantly gave me issues no matter where it was. Finally I "tricked" it to stay paired with "Melee Channel"+"Secondary Fire" on the B button. Seemed to work, I could zoom with my snipers, and it would still melee channel when I used Melee.... but now when I open my Ability Menu and try to select Ability C it just flashed melee channel. -_- ugh.

2 minutes ago, Six67 said:

Tried the resetting to default and it didn't fix it for me either. I think the error is entirely in the control mapping not letting energy channel unmap from left trigger and aim trying to map to secondary fire.

Think an easy fix for this any any future issues would be to add an advanced controller mapping function for players. Allow you to put any functions on any buttons and don't force you to have certain buttons bound. That way you can assign 2-3 functions to a single button that wouldn't make sense, but might fix people's problems. 

I agree 100%. i just wrote a post about this exact thing here bump it up if you like it. I believe it covers all the "issues" with the update!

I've been having this issue myself. I eventually managed to "trick" the melee into occupying a place where it would not interfere with aiming or firing, but I had to give up secondary fire. I'd be satisfied with fixing so that having the melee channel only goes off in melee, but an overhaul of the controller binding system would be ideal. It's so restrictive and awkward with requiring certain bindings.

Having the same issue, none of the fixes in the thread worked for me, and I was never at any point able to aim down sights. The LT ONLY toggled melee channeling, never ADS. Hopefully DE can get this one fixed soon, the game's much harder to play without aiming lmao

Edit: resetting to default controls did finally remove melee channeling from the keybind, although that means that I can't melee channel. Temporary fix, hopefully it still gets looked at soon though.

Edited by CaustiCobra

Edit: Followed CuddlyDragoon's advice above, everything now working as it should as far as I can tell. Many thanks to the thread. Guessing from the variety of issues listed in this thread, this won't solve it for everyone but specifically i had to go options->customize controller->select 'defaults' at bottom right->save settings on exiting. Next mission channeling was gone and aiming was back. 

My pinky hurts.

Please don't make us wait another month to play with the native input peripheral for 3 ports of the game. We just got crouching/ Octavia back and then this happens?! PC controller players unite!  

Edited by Safe4Consumption
used solution proposed in this thread

Literally came on to post my first forum thread about this exact issue. Neither my BF nor I can get ADS to work. He's more irritated than I am considering a lot of his main weapon builds are heavily dependent on ADS, and the new melee system messed up his speed holster mods, I guess.

Neither one of us uses melee channeling, and we have been trying to remap our controllers and reset our settings but it's proving useless and difficult thus far.

At first I was pleased with the implementation of the new melee system (I don't use ADS, really because I am a mad lad), but this is seriously messing up the game for my partner. We just had the Kuva Nightwave mission end at 51:47 because of the complications with the new system. . . Not so excited about the update anymore.

Gonna be following this thread super closely-