Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Block combos

Sectarus_Dabbington_Jr

I have just  noticed this also with  tempo royale.   As this is Phase 1,  there will be issues such as this.  Melee is definitely more fluid on first impressions, I like it.  Stances will  eventually  get reworked  as part of the  ongoing melee changes?

yeah... they obviously thought this through a lot... *sarcasm*

your character still pauses and stops responding for a good second or two after performing an air attack (as in jump and attack, this has been there for ages) and now with this new "aimed slam" bullsh*t jumping and sliding forward with a slide attack or any kind of melee after jumping ends up locking you in place

I think in the unforseeable future they'll remove the block combos (maybe some stances that rely on them) and we'll all use the basic no movement combos or farward or backward combos, or maybe tap E hold E combos which I personally despise.

8 hours ago, Wayside10 said:

I wouldn't really call this a "bug" but i didn't know where else to put it. How are we supposed to use the combos from certain stances that require the block key, if there is no block key? Did they overlook that little thing, or did I overlook them saying how they went around that?

I have exactly the same complaint. Someone in region chat suggested that it "still works" and that I should just hold down the old block button, which they identified as the right mouse button. Not sure if that's true or if it's the default control binding, but it wasn't the one I'd set for my own control configuration, and the one I did set - the F key - is still listed in the stance combo lists, yet doesn't seem to do anything any more. I had it set to toggle, which may be part of the issue.

All in all, I'd say it's a pretty prominent design oversight, if not technically a bug. Controls still in use should remain configurable; if the block key is needed for some combos, it needs to remain in the keybinds section, even if not as a toggle. This is not rocket surgery, DE.

Update: I can confirm that holding down RMB appears to enable block-button combos. I used it for melee channeling (and ranged aim mode) before, but leaving channeling unbound is no great loss -I never cared for the decision to replace heavy melee with it, and now that we're here in the bright future, laughing at the idea that someone once thought removing heavy melee attacks from all weapons would be a cool idea until someone else said "No, no it wouldn't, why would you possibly think that?" and promptly re-inserted them... bidding a functional farewell to melee channeling as it no longer fills enough function to warrant contesting the keybind for "alternate stance combos" kind of feels like poetic justice.

On 2019-03-08 at 9:14 PM, Hazukichan said:

Update: I can confirm that holding down RMB appears to enable block-button combos. I used it for melee channeling (and ranged aim mode) before, but leaving channeling unbound is no great loss -I never cared for the decision to replace heavy melee with it, and now that we're here in the bright future, laughing at the idea that someone once thought removing heavy melee attacks from all weapons would be a cool idea until someone else said "No, no it wouldn't, why would you possibly think that?" and promptly re-inserted them... bidding a functional farewell to melee channeling as it no longer fills enough function to warrant contesting the keybind for "alternate stance combos" kind of feels like poetic justice.

Doing block combos this way works, but every single time I execute one it registers it as a weapon swap because RMB is aim. Therefore, I can do the combo, but the moment I stop swinging and interrupting the anim it throws me right back to my gun and completely kills the flow of the combo. This may be an issue specific to fire input melee? I don't know.