Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum. Does It Suck?

7.T.

IMO, Yes! but not enough. It seems to be bugged a bit with its consistency to pick things up. That aside, also think it could use a sizable range buff. I like the new little guy but since I'm sacrificing power (or stealth) for utility, I was hoping he'd be able to go fetch dropped mods for me throughout almost all of the Xini defense map (for example) with Vacuum maxed. Not that big I guess but still. Say the whole room but not behind doors? Max Stretch Rhino Stomp range maybe? (also, only within a room at a time) lol I dunno. I'm having to run about the place a bit more than I expected is all really. 

Anyone else agree or have any thoughts?

I don't see where you are coming from. I see mods, energy, ammo flying at me all the time from decent distances even. From my experience with it so far it doesn't need a buff at all, it is a solid weapon it has on it, the utility is awesome for farming, or in general. If you are running with a weapon with ammo mutation, you are in business with this little guy.

This right here. The problem is the leechers, not their sentinel.

I agree. As for what others have said, maybe I've just had bad luck with it being glitchy. Naugus has a good point as well. That is true and it does enough to help in the middle of a fight. Thanks for that. When I saw this sentinel in the works, the thought of people misusing it never occurred to me. What I did think though was, "Oh cool, now I wont have to wonder if I missed a mod that either wasn't marked or was marked but I wasn't able to get to it at the time." That's where I was coming from with my post. I was thinking of it as a total convenience sentinel and not in the way Naugus mentioned lol So in that way, it is totally fine as is, range-wise. Thanks everyone for the feedback

Edited by 7.T.

I don't know if it's an issue with lag or something but there are times when it seems to be picking up very few things or doing it in a very short range and then there are other times where I'm getting items sucked to me long before I even see them and I ALWAYS have thieve's wit on and I pan a lot out of habit.