The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe was working yesterday - crashing and launch issues today

Rhiza

I've been playing Warframe hours a day since the Buried Debts and subsequent hotfix patches without a single problem. Played last night until midnight with absolutely no issues. I started up the game this morning and jumped into a mission, and immediately noticed that most sounds would start playing and then cut off halfway through. Not even a minute into the round, the game CTD with the generic Hardware Failure page.

I've been trying to verify the cache through the launcher and it keeps crashing before finishing.

Literally nothing has changed on my computer since last night and I haven't changed any launcher or game settings since before the Buried Debts update.

PC Specs: Ryzen 5 2600, Radeon R9 380, 8GB RAM

Edited by Rhiza

4 hours ago, Rhiza said:

I've been trying to verify the cache through the launcher and it keeps crashing before finishing.

Hardware fail, showing this link? https://www.warframe.com/hardwarefail

Some sound effects cutting off... sounds like disk storage is too slow.

If verify download fails or never finish, then either the anti-virus interfere with it, or the disk is faulty, dying, or failing. Some HDD might fail by going extremely slow. Re-install Warframe might or might not work.

If verify download passes, but the in-game is crashing, it might be something else.

Use utility like CrystalDiskinfo to check health of storage device. It is possible that the disk is defective, failing, or dying, on either C drive or on a drive that Warframe is installed in. Back up or copy your files to USB storage or another drive, just in case a storage device fails completely.

Edit: C drive problem? Replacing with a new storage device for C drive (NVME SSD, SATA SSD, SATA HDD) will require re-install or data transfer, but it is likely that a complete data transfer will fail if the old HDD is dying with random corruption and/or become very very slow.

Edited by sam686

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

Hardware fail, showing this link? https://www.warframe.com/hardwarefail 

Yes, that's the one. Neither my CPU or GPU are overclocked, my device drivers are up to date and stable, I've had no problems with RAM running anything else, I haven't had any other problems with the HDD and my temps and PSU are all good.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

Some sound effects cutting off... sounds like disk storage is too slow. 

No way, the drive has about 50GB free.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

If verify download fails or never finish, then either the anti-virus interfere with it, or the disk is faulty, dying, or failing. Some HDD might fail by going extremely slow. Re-install Warframe might or might not work.

Use utility like CrystalDiskinfo to check health of storage device. It is possible that the disk is defective, failing, or dying, on either C drive or on a drive that Warframe is installed in. Back up or copy your files to USB storage or another drive, just in case a storage device fails completely.

Edit: C drive problem? Replacing with a new storage device for C drive (NVME SSD, SATA SSD, SATA HDD) will require re-install or data transfer, but it is likely that a complete data transfer will fail if the old HDD is dying with random corruption and/or become very very slow. 

I don't have any real-time antivirus, and every verify has worked before under the same circumstances. The drive shows no sign of failure and other games/programs on it work fine.

Edited by Rhiza