Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A (partial) solution for the removal of quick melee in regards to polearms

ErikTheOrange

I've seen a lot of players criticize the removal of quick melee with the 2.9999 update, so here's my 2 cents with polearms in mind.

What we really need is either one of the stances reworked so it flows better (think Tempo Royale) or a new stance that has these qualities. The biggest issue that myself and many players have with the current stances is that they're far too slow and clunky to use; Twirling Spire, Bleeding Willow and Shimmering Blight all have the same issue: they stop you in your tracks every other button press with some kind of jab and generally don't flow well.

A greater emphasis on wide sweeping, spinning attacks (think sundered tusk combo in Cleaving Whirlwind) rather than thrusts would be a nice change.

It's actually simpler than that. Get rid of the third attack (that jab) from the basic combo, then it will basically be just as fast and fluid as the quick attack was. That or get rid of the delay after the jab, make it return to idle without that half a second delay, and the basic combo will once again be back to fluid.

Oh, and get rid of auto blocking, that thing ruins fluidity cause it prioritizes itself over the attacking animation.

• Like 1