The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Repost - Laptop version of Warframe is badly optimized.

.Amuro_Ray.

^ Above is my post in which people said they've had problems with performance, particularly FPS stutters, in every single aspects of the game. And yes, although it is caused by the windows update KB44880.... , this problem still persisted in me and other gaming laptop users even after uninstalling the mentioned update. ^

By the time I've written this, people would've moved on to see more interesting topics in their mind. This needs to be addressed, however, sooner or later.

Let's just say this.

Warframe is a prime example of a badly optimized game for platforms. 

Since the coming of PoE, I've been hearing thoughts and opinions about gaming laptop users complaining about FPS stutters even though their settings were cranked down to the Lowest of Low.
And since then, I've been figuring out most of guides towards revamping FPS like before the open world scenario dropped, hasn't been working well since.
And now Fortuna, and now Exploiter Orb about to kick in, and complains about FPS stutters, black screens, you mentioned it, have been increasing ever since. 
I've been watching the Performance section of the Bugs forum content.
It's depressing on how literally every updates only rescind DE's commitment to make the game better. Like seriously. Mini-optimizations? 
We are very aware that our CPU, as laptop users, is parked. But we don't want to fry our CPU by overclocking it just for a game. And that, we don't have any kind of assurance whether Warframe will work without these crippling FPS stutters and input lags anymore by then or not.
Furthermore, what's depressing is that there are people with better rigs than mine (16GB of RAM, Ti GTX GPU series, etc etc.) that still experiences this kind of problem.

Digital Extremes, this is my plea to you.

Optimize. The Game. More.

And have we mentioned also that we have FPS stutters when we bundle up enemies in Vallis, or even being IDLE in any of the open world contents?

Is there any performance requirements we don't know of that states we should get a higher rig than what we currently have right now?

And I know, in some cases, your staff like not too long ago, [DE]Bear wrote to me that I should write a support ticket. I've updated my request, updated the EE logs, DxDiag file and another one thingy that I forgot about, but still, no replies. 

Digital Extremes. This is my plea to you.

Consider. Those. Who wanted to enjoy warframe. But don't have PC to do so.

Thank you. 

I have similar specs and haven't really experienced of stuttering.

Heard there was some performance related issues with the latest Windows 10 update. Have you disabled fullscreen optimization in the properties?

In my experience, Warframe is one of the better optimized games for lower end machines.

Edited by Tricky5hift

15 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

I have similar specs and haven't really experienced of stuttering.

Heard there was some performance related issues with the latest Windows 10 update. Have you disabled fullscreen optimization in the properties?

In my experience, Warframe is one of the better optimized games for lower end machines.

Yes, yes, Fullscreen optimizations are disabled, etc etc. 
And as I said before, uninstalling the updates didn't do anything to the FPS stuttering problems.

At this rate, I'm going to have to enable Dynamic Resolutions and this is a bit cancer due to the fact that, on lower resolutions (I'm playing wf at a lower resolution than the native one), DynaRes will blur everything up.
And still stutters.