The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Dual monitors and borderless windowed issues

Tantalon

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to solve an issue but can't find a solution online for my specific situation.
Recently picked up an Asus XB271HU monitor. When playing Warframe on the new 144hz monitror in Borderless fullscreen and running video (youtube or netflix app) on the second monitor i get stuttering and frame rate drop on the 144hz. 

Playing fullscreen seems to help but then I'm unable to easily use both screens without alt tabbing.
The game settings currently have vsync off and is set to the right resolution etc. The 144hz monitor is set to be at 144 and not 60 etc

Is my video card (GTX1070) just unable to handle it?

58 minutes ago, Tantalon said:

Is my video card (GTX1070) just unable to handle it?

It should handle it, if all monitors are 144hz. Shouldn't matter if g-sync, freesync, or just a cheap, constant 144Hz monitor.

Windows 7? Turn off DWM / windows Aero. Sadly, Windows 8 and 10 is DWM forced on.

The problem is mixing different refresh rates in windowed / borderless mode. Fullscreen can bypass DWM's force v-sync and can allow good 144Hz quality.

Windows 10 have a problem with forced v-sync to slowest refresh rate monitor. Unsure if DWM v-sync can ever be disabled at all, or see any fix from Microsoft.

My old video easily show a problem when mixing 24Hz and 60Hz capture cards. That is only web browsers and notepad, no games. Complain to Microsoft with this bug.