The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Valkyr 4th Broken After Melee Update

someone_someone534

After the last update to melee with melee slams and easier weapon switching from melee to guns, I thought I would try to see how this change affected Valkyr. After all, her ultimate should not let her accidentally cancel the ability by pressing anything but 4. Well, it turns out that even aim gliding stops the invulnerability from the ability, and you have to cancel and recast to have the talons and invincibility again. I believe that this is not a feature, as valkyr should be able to aim glide during her 4th. Also, pressing left click still shows the ability as active, but it cancels both the invincibility and her talons. As a valkyr main, this is not very good for overall gameplay and convenience. Thanks for taking the time to read this.            🙂

• Like 2

Then place on Streamline & the Corrupted Mod for more Efficiency to total 175%. Then a few areas for more Energy; mods and/or otherwise, and there ya go haha
Found this too, early on due to having a 175% Efficiency build for her 4 that I used before the update.
It's too broken to be intended, I agree.

Edited by DenaBeloved

as a Valkyr main i severely hope this is not a "intended mechanic" of Melee 3.0 as it takes away alot from her as a frame and personally would make her feel alot less fun to play if so 

lets just hope they fix this for Valkyr as'well as Excalibur in the future :angel: 

Well if you use her Hysteria, use aim and then melee again you will still use her talons. Your energy will also keep on getting consumed until you cancel her 4. but you loose the invurnerability and life steal. Pretty sure just from the fact that you loose all the perks of the ability (other than being able to use talons) and your energy is still getting consumed that it is not supposed to be like that xD

Honestly I've sort of abused the swap out of invincibility to gun because it allows me to gain energy back via Rage without having to go through the startup animation for hysteria, but the glitch I'm having the biggest problem is that sometimes when exiting hysteria, whether or not I've abused this glitch, it would lock me out of most of my controls (keyboard) and the only thing I can do are my first three abilities and bullet jump, and are only unlocked until I use one of my abilities, switch weapons, and repeat if the switch switched me to my pistol. Even then my roll (double-tap shift) will be locked out until I melee at least once. I haven't seen many people talk about this glitch, but it's a major problem trying to attack after running out of energy or disengaging hysteria.