The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Adaptation Mod is not working

DarknessATG

Hi everyone:

I want to report that the adaptation mod damage mitigation is not being applied, even if the ui show it (beside the health and shield values). I tried with mag and nova in the simulacrum against a heavy gunner without arcanes to defend and only the redirection mod for shields (no arcane guardian or arcane grace or arcane aegis). First i tried with mag without adaptation and only defending myself with a tonbo (85% dmg reduction). The killing time by the npc was about 5 or 6 seconds. Then, i let myself being killed without the melee and the kill time was about 1 or 2 seconds (normal behavior so far). Then, i equipped adaptation and i repeated the same steps as before, and the kill time from the npc was the same.

I tried the same exercise with nova using null stars (17 stars = 90% dmg reduction). My shields were like paper, but the health holded on for 10 secs more or less. Without null stars the npc killed me in 1 or 2 secs. The results were exactly the same with the adaptation mod or without it.

I have to add that the ui showed in the first hit by the npc a 90% impact reduction, which is weird since the reduction should be progressive (10% per hit until the 90% cap is reached).

I thought that maybe was a ui glitch, so i tried to receive at least 10 hits until i drop the melee and i equipped the vitality mod just in case. As i though, the adaptation mod didn't mitigate the damage. The null stars in the other hand did mitigate the damage as they promised.

This is a big issue since the adaptation mod is the only thing we have to mitigate the damage in the shields. Without this mod, mag, harrow and hildryn shields are like paper and they don't have too much survivability in high ranked missions.

I uploaded a short video in my google drive if someone wants to see the test. Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D8cNxlrUuTOGGZi5TEpMuiGQAlylNrOW/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for reading.