The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

J2000-Golem Idea Brainstorm

lautalocos

throw all of your ideas for the golem fight to make him better!

my idea: make the part with the schyte break trough the floor, rushing to only one tenno for that fear factor while swinging his scythe very fast. it would EDIT: do more damage than it does now. really, the scythe is too weak

imagine a giant monster with a scythe chasing you. yep, pretty scary if you ask me

Edited by lautalocos

one hit k-os remove fun from a game.  if it did a crap ton of damage that could 1 hit k-o a frame w/o shield/vit boosts then maybe.  Just add more mechanics that happen as the fight goes on to increase fight time, he can be an infested roller! curls up into a ball. 

In the second phase, the random poison bombs need to be completely removed. There is absoutely nothing the player can do to predict where they will appear, and towards the end of the fight they spawn in such ludicrous numbers that most of the arena is completely inaccessible. You are already attempting to doge the Golem's own attacks, as well as trying to avoid being swarmed by the constant stream of lesser Infested, so putting completely random, highly punishing damage clouds everywhere is ludicrous. It compounds one of the game's major flaws (massive overuse of stagger/stun/knockdown), because you will spend huge portions of the fight being both knocked down (by the scythe, since you have to be in range for him to swing it if you want to damage that portion of him, and Leapers) or being staggered (Runners and every single attack from a Charger), and while completely unable to act thanks to a chain of said attacks, a poison bomb may well go off right on top of you, draining your health in seconds. There is no test of player ability in that, merely punishment at complete random.

Edited by MalusCalibur

First Phase.

Make the weak points somewhat better to hit, i constantly feel like the Ancient Infested head is blocking my shots with it's snout when it's finaly opening it's "wings". Likewise the Infested Grineer opens it's face for only a brief time and it's own arms are blocking a lot of shots too. The face needs to stay open for the entire duration of it's attack phase and only should be closed when it's dissapearing into the ground.

Also give us some hint where the heads are going to pop out, like a rumble in the area or the ground allready moving up a few seconds before it pops out.

Second Phase:

The increasing number of toxin clouds the more heads you kill is annoying and just forces players into corners, removing our movement space is not challenging it's a cheap trick. Only drop toxin bombs ONCE every head we destroy.

Likewise the constant stream of infested enemies is distracting rather than challenging. Infested should only spawn every time you decreased a head HP to 50%. Meaning a total number of 6 waves of infested units storming into the battlefield.

Also i think the infested Grineer head should get stuck with it's blade when doing an uppercut strike, to give a better chance to hit it.