Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid + Damage Mods

3agle

Question

So, I started using a Torid the other day.

I've noticed that it doesn't seem to benefit from Serration at all - it still ticks for 20s even with Serration equipped.

Elemental damage mods do increase the damage though.

Is this intended or is it just a bug?

13 answers to this question

Only damage boost that affected DoT was Elements, which in turn work off of Serration.

So the base poison cloud damage isn't affected, but all the little Elemental poison cloud hits still act as though the base damage was modified by Serration?

If that's the case, then I guess that's not too bad, then.

Serration never affected the DoT on my Torid prior to U10. The only thing Serration boosted was initial impact damage.

I just burst out laughing to this.

Did you play the same game we did?

So the base poison cloud damage isn't affected, but all the little Elemental poison cloud hits still act as though the base damage was modified by Serration?

If that's the case, then I guess that's not too bad, then.

No, Serration affected the IMPACT and DoT damage. Just look in the comments on the Wiki. These people are usually wiser than certain people here on the forums.

Edited by Grulos

No, Serration affected the IMPACT and DoT damage. Just look in the comments on the Wiki. These people are usually wiser than certain people here on the forums.

^^ as soon as I go to look at the Wiki, first group of comments talk about how Serration only works on the Impact... Lmao you should check what you say before you say it..

Also according to all of the Wiki comments, the elemental damage is now affected by Armor, further reducing its overall damage.

But I'm going to go and test all of this out right now.

^^ as soon as I go to look at the Wiki, first group of comments talk about how Serration only works on the Impact... Lmao you should check what you say before you say it..

Also according to all of the Wiki comments, the elemental damage is now affected by Armor, further reducing its overall damage.

But I'm going to go and test all of this out right now.

Those wiki comments are referring to post-U10, not pre-U10 which was what you guys were talking about. Look at the older comments.

Elemental damage was always affected by armor. EDIT: I see what you're referring to. No idea why people thought Torid was any different before, but I bet it was due to improper testing or anecdotal evidence.

Edited by CitizenV