Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Standing : Daily Cap

bozov

This thread has been probably opened for the 20th time already but this needs to be addressed once again. In the beginning as a new player my mission was to explore every bounty or planet and go through it. When I discovered that you can do daily bounties to obtain precious loot I didn't totally understand the idea of the mods back then so I neglected that part and stuck with the mission junctions. But after farming the archwing and obtaining basic knowledge of the modding system I tried yet again to explore the bounty system. Again I neglected this part because it's right now so boring to go through the fields of eidolon or fortuna and do couple of missions to obtain rng based loot yet again. I thought that this game was different and should let players play at their own pace but maybe I was wrong. Right now at Fortuna I have items which grant me more standing than the daily cap and I can't or in this case "won't" use them because I will waste alot of standing due to the limit. Is there going to be any resolution for this problem in the near future?

So you are telling me that it does not matter if I had farmed the necessary Sentient cores, I need either to be 21st level to do this in day or log in 3 days in a row and up the level limit ? I'm refering to the second level of the The Quills - Observer BTW

Edited by bozov
New information

Just now, bozov said:

So you are telling me that it does not matter if I had farmed the necessary Sentient cores, I need either to be 21st level to do this in day or log in 3 days in a row and up the level limit ?

Not even MR25s can get a high-level standing maxed out in a single day. There's a ranking to organize rewards into categories and there's time-gating, well, to promote returning the next day to get more standing going.

It's not like DE is holding a gun to your hand. When it comes to farming standing, you can totally "go at your own pace". But if you really want to grind it out, then getting a higher Mastery Rank is the way to go about it. 

6 minutes ago, bozov said:

So basically one odd system is linked to another right now 😄

No, the right way to put it:
Be thankful that you can't just blast through content.
Right now you might think this is a curse. Later on you will be glad it is this way.
If it wasn't for standing caps, I would have finished everything in Cetus and in Fortuna the day both things got released. And then what? What would I do, if I finished everything in one day just by playing casually? I would get bored. Thanks to the standing caps I have a reason to return to the game. I have a reason to only ever play small portions. (This way I don't get burned out on stuff)

The whole point of this conversation was that new players right now have to get to a higher MR to get a decent chance of getting past the higher "cap standing". In this case this would be grinding unneeded frames and weapons and leveling them up or in my case going to the particular planet and clicking the button for "next title" for the next couple of days. But hey these are just my thoughts on the subject. :)