Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to use the fishing spear, mining laser and tranquilizer rifle in archwing mode

Basalto

4 hours ago, Genitive said:

I don't think it's worth the effort. I can't imagine it being comfortable at all, or easier when aiming at small elements like fish.

As much as I bash archwing on a nearly daily basis, it's in no way uncomfortable to just stand still over water and aim downwards with a screen that is barely cluttered by your warframe or archwing. The biggest issue for fishing just so happens to be the visibility in the water itself. The idea of being able to use archwing means you'll be able to more reliably chase a fish that fled to the middle of the lake, since that usually has you stuck on a rock while tracking its name through a water that is cluttered by refraction, displacement and sunlight. Anything that improves the gameplay is worth the effort.

0QtXO1y.jpg

WtFJfcl.jpg

27 minutes ago, Basalto said:

As much as I bash archwing on a nearly daily basis, it's in no way uncomfortable to just stand still over water and aim downwards with a screen that is barely cluttered by your warframe or archwing. The biggest issue for fishing just so happens to be the visibility in the water itself. The idea of being able to use archwing means you'll be able to more reliably chase a fish that fled to the middle of the lake, since that usually has you stuck on a rock while tracking its name through a water that is cluttered by refraction, displacement and sunlight. Anything that improves the gameplay is worth the effort.

Yes, you can hover over the water, but once you move it takes some time to stop. It would take much less time to position yourself on the ground.

38 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Yes, you can hover over the water, but once you move it takes some time to stop. It would take much less time to position yourself on the ground.

And can you position yourself over water on foot without being thrown back on land? This game has some really broken mechanics, but I didn't find that to be one of them. Besides, it's not like fishing is supposed to be part of rushframe. You move, you stop, you fish. You don't just sprint around desperately aiming at a fish and crossing fingers to hit it.

4 minutes ago, Basalto said:

And can you position yourself over water on foot without being thrown back on land? This game has some really broken mechanics, but I didn't find that to be one of them. Besides, it's not like fishing is supposed to be part of rushframe. You move, you stop, you fish. You don't just sprint around desperately aiming at a fish and crossing fingers to hit it.

I also don't need to put myself over water when fishing, fish spawn well enough from the shore.

I went and tried hovering over water and I have to admit that it is not that uncomfortable, but it's not that great either – might just be my personal preference.

I also checked the conservation stuff and I learned that you can use both the tranq rifle and echo lures from archwing. So one thing actually works. Huh.

You know, whatever, if one thing actually works, the rest might as well, I rest my case.

26 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I also don't need to put myself over water when fishing, fish spawn well enough from the shore.

I went and tried hovering over water and I have to admit that it is not that uncomfortable, but it's not that great either – might just be my personal preference.

I also checked the conservation stuff and I learned that you can use both the tranq rifle and echo lures from archwing. So one thing actually works. Huh.

You know, whatever, if one thing actually works, the rest might as well, I rest my case.

The tranquilizer very likely was an oops case from DE, as it actually forbids you from floating up or down, or even using afterburners. I tried it because I couldn't jump on some mushrooms to shoot a bird, and found out I couldn't go up at all while using the tranquilizer, so I had to swap to a weapon first, go up, then get the tranquilizer back. It's why I included the tranquilizer in the title.