Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking Improvement please

RCC_2000

I've played Warframe 5 years ago, coming back again 3 months ago.
Some things changed way for the better, like how it looks for example, it's beautiful, and it feels great to see a sunset or sunrise in the plains of Eidolon.

But one thing is the same as before and hasn't improved: Matchmaking.

I'm not saying Matchmaking doesn't work, it works great, makes the game easy and fast to play. Of course there are many other ideas and thoughts, but I personally think these are essential and would make a good global improvement for the overall game experience. I've put some thoughts into this list of improvements:

• New session: It's very painful when you still want to play with random people, but for some reason the host just gives up (it could be the internet goes down, someone called, or the player just changed it's mind about the mission) and the game brings the new host screen. The problem gets worse when you're NOT the new host and the new host also gives up, bringing up the same screen again. It's so frustrating. If there were an option to choose between "join active session" or "create new session" would make this much better. Maybe it could be located between public and private drop down, or through a pop up before joining the mission, but choosing it every time would be one more step "before the fun" and not so pleasing then pre-setting.
  • Undesired team mates: I don't think kicking players is the solution, it would bring more problems than solutions. But to at least "avoid" (or "not join at all") a session where a player who was ignored is present would make it less frustrating. There are players who simply don't hear to advice, or can't understand the language you're playing on, and won't just leave the mission. To avoid "ignoring" or "blocking" the whole network this could be limited to a certain amount, maybe 2x Master Rank level?
  • Recruit channel: Split between 2 channels: Want to Host and Want to Join, simply as that. (the same suggestion goes for the market, Want to Sell and Want to Buy)
  • Expected expiration: I've seen this was mentioned before. Sometimes I join a survival, defense, index and I want it to last, but the others don't have the same mind. In survival, let's say it's just two players, and the other goes to extraction after 5 minutes. I have no other choice but to extract after one minute. The same if there are 4 players and 2 move to extraction. Defense is pretty similar. Sometimes you need a good team to keep up, but someone who is "not so important" wants to leave and I don't risk to stay because usually those who stay cannot go further. I think a fix for that would be a "pop up" with a list "5/10/15/20/00 minutes/waves" (00 being "as long as possible).
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

My only outright objection is the block list restriction based on MR.  If a limit is implemented then it should have nothing to do with how much gear you have leveled.

I don't follow you. But if you mean that high MR players should be able to filter out low MR players it makes no sense for me, because just like you said, having played with a lot of weapons doesn't make one "exclusive". Warframe is all about "inclusiveness", it's great to see pros reviving noobs and defending them. The problem is when a group of 3 pros ask the noob to leave and that noob is stuborn. That brings the thought of "voting to kick" but that would bring a lot of bad feelings for new players.

Just now, RCC_2000 said:

it's great to see pros reviving noobs and defending them.

It's not great when you are the player doing the defending and reviving. Especially when it happens too much.

2 minutes ago, RCC_2000 said:

The problem is when a group of 3 pros ask the noob to leave and that noob is stuborn. That brings the thought of "voting to kick" but that would bring a lot of bad feelings for new players.

Low MRs can use it to kick high MRs as well, when their epeen is being crushed.

It just won't work either way.

1 hour ago, RCC_2000 said:

I don't follow you. But if you mean that high MR players should be able to filter out low MR players it makes no sense for me, because just like you said, having played with a lot of weapons doesn't make one "exclusive". Warframe is all about "inclusiveness", it's great to see pros reviving noobs and defending them. The problem is when a group of 3 pros ask the noob to leave and that noob is stuborn. That brings the thought of "voting to kick" but that would bring a lot of bad feelings for new players.

No, I was talking about the MR x2 two thing as a block list limit.  I'm saying it's not a good idea.

• Like 1