The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Xbox 360 controller unreliable

Davekave9

Hello!

I use an Xbox 360 controller on PC and it never seems to work properly with the game. There are two cases:

1st case: all the inputs work, except the melee button (B). When I am in a mission and my melee weapon is holstered, my character is able to do the first swing with said weapon by pressing B, but afterwards, when the weapon is in the hands, no matter how many times I smash button B, it seems to do nothing. When this case happens, It is also impossible to fire a primary or secondary weapon (with the Right Trigger button) while the melee weapon is in the character's hands. I need to swap weapons (with button Y) and only then I am able to fire either the secondary or primary weapons.

2nd case: in this case the melee button (B) works fine with all other inputs, except for the "Open inventory" function (Down arrow button on the D-pad). When this happens, I can only open my inventory by using the keyboard (key Q).

In both cases, the input from the keyboard is flawless, all buttons work and do the things they are intended to do. Also, I have no control over which of the two cases are going to happen when I am using the Xbox 360 controller, it seems to be random. I checked my controller's driver and it is up to date. It also works perfectly with other Steam games.

Please look into the issue and feel free to ask me any further information regarding this phenomenon. Thank you!

Upon further investigation I concluded that the input problem might stem from Steam's Xbox 360 controller API, or at least a problem of communication between Warframe and said API.

I dusted off my old Logitech Rumblepad 2 and turned on Steam's general controller support option. The controller works perfectly with every input.