Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buggy Hacks

arune

There's couple of hack types that are very confusing. I would call at least the first one buggy.

1) Middle piece that goes in two ways, but only the "right" way is accepted. This I would expect to be accepted both ways that look right on the screen

buggy_hack.png

2) This one I could think a feature, but you should maybe put more of this type so the concept becomes familiar easier. In this type, there's two separate lines. I'm shamed to admit it took a friend explaining this to me to realize it was not missing a middle piece. It requires thinking outside the box, as I would've never thought an electric circuit could be formed of two separated wires.

buggy_hack_2.png

I think #2 could be improved by 1) making it more obvious they're separated by not making the middle space exactly the size of a "hack hexagon", 2) adding more of that kind so people learn the concept, or 3) just not having separated circuits.

I don't like the last option though, because I'd like there to be harder hacks, the current ones are no puzzles at all :)

Edit: wow, my english broke.

Edited by arune