The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Evolution Engine Crashes

Demonoid

I've done a bit of testing, closely monitoring Warframe's RAM usage through the Task Manager.
Seems like the game has a massive and I do mean MASSIVE usage of RAM. It uses 800MB when idling or in menus and it goes up to 1.8-1.9GB RAM when actually in a mission. This has catastrophic consequences when I am running ANY meatier software other than Warframe.. like a browser. Or even a chat program. I typically played with no problem with Skype and Firefox in the background PRIOR to update 9.8.

DE, whatever you did, PLEASE. UNDO IT.

I sincerely hope you're listening to your playerbase like you say you are. This S#&$ is wrecking the game for a whole lot of people and can potentially kill Warframe in its crib.

I have to turn everything else off on my PC if I want to play Warframe crash-free, which, in 2013 is just Goddamn unacceptable.

Just popping in with an update.

I don't know what happened, but my crashes stopped happening. It's been days now and I have been able to stay in long missions even with my usual setup of browser and chat soft running.

Hm, seems even worse than usual for me today. Still crashing.

Yep, same thing here. Hell I'm cautious about doing long missions in fear of crashing and basically wasting my time. I even installed two different versions (one through steam and one with it sown folder) in hopes of solving the issue, downloading it through steam only resolved the issue for a few days.

64-bit mode started crashing on startup for me with the most recent hotfix. Once I turned that off, everything else was fine. It only affected my desktop though, which has an AMD graphics card (6970). My laptop with an NVIDIA GT750M was unaffected and continues to work in 64-bit mode.

So it seems to be system dependent on whether or not 64-bit crashes.

Otherwise, it's generally fine.

Hmm, I have an AMD GFX card myself. That could be it. 64-bit + AMD Graphics Card = Death.

Edit: After initial stress test, can confirm that turning 64-bit mode off does not stop crashes.

Edited by DAttila

Hmm, I have an AMD GFX card myself. That could be it. 64-bit + AMD Graphics Card = Death.

Edit: After initial stress test, can confirm that turning 64-bit mode off does not stop crashes.

I have an AMD card too, and come to think of it, my laptop never really crashed either, I just recently updated my amd drivers to 13.9, hopefully that'll resolve the issue

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this happening to me as well, random crashes. Can't exactly find the issue of it (most of time it crashes during a charge attack) so I am not sure what to report exactly. <-Latest drivers etc.. everything this person did I did as well and I still get crashes every once in a while :S 

Just crashed on wave 15 (near end) on Xini >.<

• 2 weeks later...