Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few Valkyr Bugs

Nemesis

Since the last few updates haven't done anything to address these I thought to make it clear what exactly they are so it's easier for you to pinpoint with the hopes that you fix them as soon as you can.

First, and a small one, is that Volt's Speed nullifies Valkyr's Warcry's attack speed buff even if the ability is active. I don't think it does anything to the armour gained. (You haven't mentioned anything of this recently so I assume that this is still an issue.)

Now for the big ones. 

I already mentioned this in another thread but it didn't get attention it seems. (I don't know to delete it to avoid duplicate discussions.)
If you have colour correction on while in Hysteria and you attack with her Talons the Burn filter flickers; it turns off and on again in rapid succession. 

Ig1JgQS.gif

Notice the sudden changes from orange/red to blue? Doesn't look pretty, does it? You have to turn colour correction off if you don't want to hurt your eyes or, if we're getting extreme, have any epileptic drawbacks.

Another one is that her Hysterical Assault sometimes messes up your field of view when you spam it. That, of course, isn't the only way it can happen, but it seems to be the most reliable way to do it. By the way, it's really cool to have it function like this (RMB + Melee), makes the flow a lot smoother.

This one is client based and is related to her Hysteria's invincibility.
Host version: You're shooting with your guns while Hysteria is channeling in the background, as soon as you melee with her Talons you become invincible.
Au2sAmd.gif

Client version: You're shooting with your guns while Hysteria is channeling in the background, when you melee with her Talons you become invincible when her attack ends. (This also doesn't grant you the Talons' life-steal while vulnerable) 
DExy8n7.gif

Also, please bring back the weapon trail she had before, you know, the one she had with 'Permanent Weapon Trail' on? That was so pretty to look at. Baruuk has one, why can't Valkyr have one too? And no, the particles her Talons emit that remind me of the number of particles in a vacuum don't count as an actual trail.
I, like many others, would also request an amount of rework in her abilities and yes, I know you've been hearing that a lot (Cough Cough Vauban Cough Cough). Our parkour abilities render her Rip Line useless, unless you want to fling someone out of existence with those absurd ragdoll physics (again as a client mostly, otherwise you'd have to be far from the target before casting to get them into hyperspace), her Paralysis works as a finisher opener but that's where its use ends, not to mention its range is low for viable (high level) builds so you don't have much room to maneuver. Furthermore, her Talons' attack animation might need some change, why kick when you can claw your opponent's face until it no longer resembles a face? (That's just me talking here though, wouldn't truly hurt if you were against this)

In conclusion it seems Valkyr has gotten the shorter end of the stick in the last updates, except for Hysterical Assault, that was great. I understand you have bigger fish to fry but don't forget to throw one of them to the kitten.

Edited by Nemesis
Updated links for better gifs

Hysterical Assault is sure fun, but melee update broke it, and that band-aid "aim and attack" fix is garbage.

Sure, let's pull out our gun and lose invincibility to leap onto next target. And only after you leap and land one regular hit you're invincible again, since the leap damage and the leap itself does not bring invincibility back. Even as a host. Long enough to gather bunch of shots/missiles to the face.

Really? Can we at least get a choice on which button to change from melee to guns, LMB/RMB?

Edited by RIPerKilla