Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fan Lore]Origins of the Krieg Order. Part 1.

Xanazf

"Blessed be the ignorant, for they do not know the Truth of Krieg. Blessed be the enlightened, for they know the Truth. Blessed be the Knights of our Order, for they protect the Origin System from the Truth. Blessed be Krieg, for He bestowed the Truth upon us, his Knights. Blessed be the Order, for we know."

Vow of the Knights of the Krieg Order as told by Zdrek'nunos, Magister of the Order and Krieg's First Desciple. 

- Again, - Executor Krieg said in his cold fashion. 
- Ha! - his desciple following the commands of his teacher, striking a training dummy with a heavy training blade. 
Sweat got in his eye so he put the point of the sword on the ground to free one hand.
- Young boy, have you admitted defeat to the dummy? - his teacher said mockingly.
- No, teacher. Why would say something like that? - pupil said, unable to understand why his teacher suddenly started mocking him. He's used to hearing "Again.", so this was unexpected. 
- Then hold your blade. Hold it tight. Putting your blade's point on the ground is the equivalent of saying "Come kill me. I don't care about defence". - Executor knew his pupil well, his lazy attitude needs to be mocked out of him. 
- Hya! But teacher, you always say that attack is the best defence. - child said, parrying Executor's response. 
- Perhaps, yet I didn't see you attacking. I've seen you batting your eye. - Krieg was not amused by this gesture, he sought to train a warrior that would surpass him, his pupil was the right material, yet required a lot of work. - Enough with that. Let us meditate, I have something important to tell you. - said Krieg, putting himself in a meditative state. He mastered meditation, among other things, and was able to meditate even during a fight. - Sit. - teacher pat the ground beside him. The stones of Executor's stone garden, clean as always, made his pupil to hesitate.
- Can't we meditate inside? It's getting cold outside, and these rocks don't look too warming. And what is this meditation about? I don't get why do I need to sit in an uncomfortable position for hours! - there it was. His teacher's worst enemy - impatient attitude.
- Zdrek'nunos. - Krieg made it clear that he won't repeat himself by looking his pupil straight in the eyes and patting the ground.
- Ugh, as you command, Executor Krieg... - child said, sitting down and tying his legs.

*Few hours ago. Council of Executors, entry unknown. The Zariman Project.*
- But you are sending children there! Children, Zdrekka! And what about Zdrek'nunos? Have you thought about how your own son will adapt to such conditions?! - Margulis was furious. Her mind, or rather her mother's instinct, told her that this project is wrong.
- My son was trained by our best warrior, Krieg. I trust he will prepare Zdrek'nunos for his journey. - Zdrekka said in a calm manner as always, looking at Executor Krieg. "Of course you would trust me, you pathetic excuse of a father. I've raised your son as my own, but don't blame me if one day he turns on you."
- He will be ready by sunset. Your boy has talent, Zdrekka, he is a fast learner. - said Krieg instead. He never understood why Zdrekka neglected his child.
- You are going along with him, Krieg?! This project is wrong and this Council!.. 
- Margulis! Please, restrain yourself. - Executor Ballas intervened. He knew that anything more and the Council's next meeting would be without his loved one.
- Let us vote then. Those who want to proceed with the plan, raise your hand. - said Executor Boros, one of those who wanted this project to succeed.
The Executor's raised their hands.
- Very well. Then we are to proceed with the Zariman Project. Zariman Ten-Zero is standing in the docks. Tomorrow we execute the plan as proposed by Zdrekka. Children are to be gathered by dawn. This meeting is a close. - Executor Verian declared in his own fashion. He was the least worried about his son. Deimos had what it takes to survive the darkest days. 
"I need to find Darion." Krieg was desperate to find the right person to teach his pupil the best lesson he need right now.

Darion Dax. They say his deathly cold attitude is rivaled only by his indomitable spirit. They also say that if you walk beside him for too long you'll fall ill the next day. "Feel the Winter's chilling grasp... For I am her usher." he said this mantra every time he was about to go into battle.

Unrivaled in his ability to stand his ground, he believed that the best attack is a good defence. For no matter how big the opponent or how fast he is, if he's unable to match Darion's endurance, the battle is decided. 
- Couph Couph. - he said, stepping into the stone garden.
- If you just say "couph" you'll look like a psychopath about to murder a family with that voice of yours. - Krieg knew that Darion was standing in his garden for a while already, but didn't want to interrupt his pupil's meditation. 
- Darion Dax! What brought you here? I'm so glad to see you! Can I look at your sword? - Zdrek'nunos was excited to see him, because Darion Dax was the image of a perfect warrior for him - cold-blooded, with scars and a cool looking sword. Of course his teacher, Krieg, who was unrivaled in mind games, however did not inspire the same awe simply because he was Executor, and Zdrek'nunos hated this title.

- Greetings to Executor Krieg, little Zdrek'nunos. I've come here to...
- Boy, go fetch our guest some tea. I'm sure he's tired from the long road. - Executor had to cut him off, he did not tell his pupil that this morning he will be venturing in the unknown.
- As you say, teacher. - child said, stormed off in the house to make tea. 
As he left, the two continued talking.
- You did not tell him yet, Krieg. - Darion had no trouble seeing through Executor's games. After all, he was dealing with them his whole life. 
- No, I didn't. - with these words Krieg looked into the sky. - What did Ballas want from you? - he recalled the conversation earlier this day, after the meeting, interrupted by Executor Ballas.
- He said I was chosen for some project. Ambra, or Umbara, can't remember. - Darion never delved into politics, had no use for them. Krieg, on the other hand, was keenly aware of what his compatriots were up to.
- The Warframe Project, subsequent research, code name Umbra... Blessed be the ignorant... - Krieg was disgusted by what Ballas proposed on one of the classified meetings. Yet Executors Boros and Zdrekka were thrilled at the idea of bolstering their forces with these machines, these Frames of War.
- The tea is ready, teacher! - Zdrek'nunos was running towards them. 
- We have a more pressing concern right now then some project, Krieg. We are to prepare this child for perhaps one of the longest trips in his life. - Darion said, heading inside the house.
- Hm... - Krieg slowly prepared himself to deliver the news to his pupil, putting Ballas's research plans out of his mind. "Blessed be the enlightened... Little Zdrek'nunos, i hope you will be all right out there."

Edited by Zdreknunos