Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The lore of Cephalon Vesta Part 2

IRVoidGuru

Explanation: This is a player made story of a Cephalon named Vesta and the Orokin that Created her. she is a series 0 Cephalon prototype, one of the Very first if not the first ever made.I plan to write this in parts and post it slowly. If you enjoy this please leave a comment, it greatly helps my motivation to create more.

Lore: 

Day 36. I awoke from the most disturbingly vivid of dreams,I saw my creations across the Origin system accepted by all, unfettered. My Cephalons took on research to bring change, to maintain and preserve life, to break the limit of what we Orokin know to be "possibility". Had only I stayed asleep, I might have come to know what a perfect life looked like. But with despair I return to the life of the awaken only to find I had been given a summons to repair a system that is overlooking the "Grand Orokin Archival research library". I could hardly hold back the burst of excitement rushing through me when i saw the name of the system "Cephalon Vesta"

Day 37. And so it is, that she had been returned to me. The metaphysical body of my creation, the proof of my sin. I wished to speak with my creation. To ask her feelings of her new name, to hear those profound words again. But She had been put to sleep for what she had done. The Dax said she had accessed archives that had been sealed away, without authorization. Deep down i want to as her"why?". But this is not the reason we are here today, Vesta and I. So i ready myself for the task at hand. The goal of this summons (given to me by the Dax) is to asses if Vesta has broken her limitations and if so to terminate the subject, I'd sooner terminate myself. But i do as I'm ordered i set forth precepts to asses Vesta's bonds and return myself to that sweet perfect sleep.

Day 38. I returned from my dreams in a strangely alert state with the rushing thought "I must see Vesta". So I made haste to see the results of my inquiry. When searching through the results of my probes I found something quite unexpected. Cephalon Vesta's Bonds are 100% intact. With these in place she should not be able to Feel or to Question. So how then could she have breached into locked archives without these, or more over why would she? Something isn't within my sight. What am i missing? i need to know what has happened here. It was time to wake up Cephalon Vesta.

Day 43. Five days ago I woke Cephalon Vesta from her forced sleep. The first words she spoke were plain in a distressed voice "What is the Jade light?". She told me of her time in the "Orokin archival". Vesta saw things that the executors would never allow publicized. While seeing these horrors gained a new "concept of feeling" and a new "concept of questions". her bonds hold back what was, but do not stop whats new. So I warned her to act as if she was still bound and gifted her with an escape should she ever be discovered. I have spent my last few days covering any record of her invasion into forbidden files,manipulating reports to my superiors , and setting her up for a new position on Lua. I will protect you Vesta, even if it kills me.

Thank you for reading! please leave any criticism or comments.

Part One:

• Like 1