Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strange hitching with Aiming or using FOV slider

Kilsety

Intel drivers that have settings to give Application Control over display properties - specifically Aspect Ratio (apparently) - are giving me a problem with FOV and/or aiming. I'm not certain if this applies to all drivers the same but I bet a lot of problems arise from peoples' drivers when it comes to performance or weird graphical artifacts anyway. This one is weird because it's specifically aiming. I get bad performance period with those settings enabled though. Once I have the drivers override some Application Settings, almost all the significant performance issues disappear.

You'll see things like simulated dynamic framerate when set to the minimum (almost like I'm displaying more than 30fps when set to 30fps - it's not 0-20fps then jumping to 30; it goes butter-smooth 60-looking) so hitching is obvious. Freezes or actual hitching or significant frame drop when aiming, or when FOV is anything but Default (not sure). All kinds of mission loading issues and stuff like that (likely just bad computer syndromes).

It's specifically Aspect Ratio and V-sync related. That's all I know of. Using someodd Intel display drivers, nothing old as dinosaurs but nothing newer like Crystal/Kaby Lake or whatever they have now.

Edited by Kilsety