Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Soma...just Pure...

tactical_surgeon

AWESOMENESS ! 

I've been playing Warframe since closed beta and I've just never found any of the guns to really stick with me.  I use them, then change, and go on.   The Soma however, I love it so much that I'm definitely making it my primary weapon till forever.  
it's crit-tastic and seriously fits my preferences.  

if y'all have not tried it yet, I highly recommend you do ! 

// this is just a gush post - no hate // 

it already looks and feels like a prime. Kind of sad because weapon balance is now all messed up. Some faction weapons suck, while clan faction weapons are awesome (that's ok) Then some tenno weapons suck, and some are better than the endgame weapons, for example this SOMA

I wish it was faction weps < tenno weps < research weps < primes

AWESOMENESS ! 

I've been playing Warframe since closed beta and I've just never found any of the guns to really stick with me.  I use them, then change, and go on.   The Soma however, I love it so much that I'm definitely making it my primary weapon till forever.  

it's crit-tastic and seriously fits my preferences.  

if y'all have not tried it yet, I highly recommend you do ! 

// this is just a gush post - no hate // 

Likewise. There are virtually no downsides, so I have no intention to use the Soma.

The Soma is definitely too powerful for its rank 3 mastery requirement, which is the same as the Gorgon. Its superior to the Gorgon in about every possible way, though, leaving players without any reason to take a Grogon instead.

Weird right, because of that a lot of the old weapons is losing their spot in the game.

Soma, the cheap cost to build compared to supra, 2 polarity, and hitscan, makes it even better than Supra, which is weirder since that thing have rank 7 requirement.

The Soma is definitely too powerful for its rank 3 mastery requirement, which is the same as the Gorgon. Its superior to the Gorgon in about every possible way, though, leaving players without any reason to take a Grogon instead.

I'd be fine if they bumped it up to require a higher rank to use ~   I'd hate for it to be nerfed,

There is little point asking for anything to be nerfed with the armour 2 revision just around the corner, who knows what changes may be applied to weapons as a result, I would hold your horses until that hits and its kinks are worked out.

you have to admit ~ even with changes coming, I'm sure it'll be quite over effective to be just a rank 3 weapon, right ? 

The supra does the same damage without crits - by adding more elements etc - it ends up being more powerful which to many is the defining factor 

please find the thread in the same section about the dmg calculations of supra vs soma. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/106752-will-soma-196k-dps-get-nerfed-or-supra-142k-dps-get-buffed/

Edited by Preanette

The supra does the same damage without crits - by adding more elements etc - it ends up being more powerful which to many is the defining factor 

Adding elemental mods with current armor scaling (except for ice and AP) isn't recommended. If we do have Armor 2.0, the gap just becomes wider:

please find the thread in the same section about the dmg calculations of supra vs soma. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/106752-will-soma-196k-dps-get-nerfed-or-supra-142k-dps-get-buffed/

The Soma, with current critical mods, has an 87.5% chance to deal 840% critical damage. Combine that with hitscan, less spread/recoil, a higher mag, a faster reload, and a higher fire rate. You're only wishing the Supra is better.

Supra has both the raw damage and when it does feel like going critical, does even better. Soma has to rely on crit alone since it can't back up it's low damage rating. The Supra can rely on either its high damage or it's chance of going critical, and when it does crit, it becomes overkill at that point. Which is why I prefer the Supra over the Soma, plus I like the fact that it's this heavy laser LMG.