Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Grenades VS Corpus Grenades, Corpus Grenades deal way too much damage?

SprinKah

It has come to my intention that DE has changed the grenades that the Grineer and Corpus throw, probably since the Orb Vallis update.

I didn't want to say anything until they addressed the abysmally short detonation time of the Corpus grenade (which has just been fixed again)..

But now that that's out of the way, I want to address the grenade that the Corpus Crewmen use. Some of you guys probably know this but compared to the Grineer grenades (which deal 150 at lvl 30), the damage from the grenades that the Corpus use is 4 TIMES higher (around  600 or so at lvl 30). 

Before the whole short detonation bug fix, I have joined squads that died so much to the Corpus Grenades, especially in Sortie Void Defense. It was almost impossible to locate the grenade with only the sound cue. Its AoE is also quite big and alot of the times you probably won't even know whether you're getting closer to it or further.

I think it'd be more interesting to change the grenade mechanics into something more...interesting than simply dealing damage. And personally I find it a little sad that the Grineer grenades are far less efficient than the Corpus one but I suppose it makes sense because the Corpus's more technologically advanced.

Some ideas:

I've thought of ideas, don't particularly know if they're good but it'd be cool if the Grineer were to:

- Use FLASHBANGS like Executioner Dhurnam or maybe,

- Use FRAG GRENADES, deal a bit of slash damage over time from shrapnels to make up for the low initial blast damage?.

- I also think that it'd be good if the NAPALM GRENADES thrown by Tusk Troopers and Kuva Lancers to perform like Saturn SIx Fugitives' napalm grenades. 

Corpus grenades could:

- Perform stuff more...high-techy like some of the ordinances thrown by Index Brokers: Vortex, Tether, etc....

Listing ideas is a whole lot easier than executing them of course, but for now I really want the damage from the grenades used by the Corpus to be toned down a bit. because with frames that don't have any invincibility-ish abilities or companions, in high levels (50+), they can sometimes get easily wiped out by an unsuspecting Corpus grenade.

I suppose a normal grenade indicator like in a lot of games also works.