The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Overheating laptop, screencrash without gamecrash!

Jerev

Hello there! I am sorry to bother you, but on this little alienware laptop I have, only Warframe, just these past two weeks, seems to be causing it to run faster than the poor fans can keep up! This causes it to get hot enough that I need to shut the entire thing down for hours before it can cool down. And settings changes don't seem to change this, and it's a newer laptop, to boot.
Should try to play warframe for about...10-20 minutes in any mission that length, it begins to overheat, then the screen crashes, but the game goes on regardless, if audio is anything to go by. I don't mean to be any bother, but with the update so close in one of the most worthwhile games available, I felt it better to ask for help sooner rather than later. 
Thank you for reading this!

14 hours ago, Jerev said:

Hello there! I am sorry to bother you, but on this little alienware laptop I have, only Warframe, just these past two weeks, seems to be causing it to run faster than the poor fans can keep up! This causes it to get hot enough that I need to shut the entire thing down for hours before it can cool down. And settings changes don't seem to change this, and it's a newer laptop, to boot.
Should try to play warframe for about...10-20 minutes in any mission that length, it begins to overheat, then the screen crashes, but the game goes on regardless, if audio is anything to go by. I don't mean to be any bother, but with the update so close in one of the most worthwhile games available, I felt it better to ask for help sooner rather than later. 
Thank you for reading this!

You'd notice runaway temps on a modern system before a crash occurred: The system would throttle to a point you'd visibly notice something was awry (You'd be playing a slideshow).

The only case where this isn't true is if the cooling solution itself was dead/damaged/defective - in which case it's beyond Warframes dev team to help.

Likely, you just have a Driver issue.

Either update the driver to the latest one, roll back to one you knows work, or find someone with a system similar to yours who has a good driver (and preferably plays warframe on the regular).