Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Somebody Recap The Livestream

OblivionNecroninja

Question

4 answers to this question

"Hello we're DE and we STILL have NO idea how to actually design a well-implemented F2P system"

"Therefore instead of listening to our *fantastic* and wonderful Community Manager Rebecca (who wasted no time in fluff or sugar-coating concerns of the community), we decided to just keep beating around the bush and ignoring everything the community wants in favor of what we want while we sit here drinking beer and chillaxing while cracking jokes instead of even one iota of professionalism with 'yeah we're laid back but we will listen to these concerns and respond to let you know that we hear you' ".

That's the basic gist of it.  My respect for DE has completely evaporated.  I have no damn clue how people this....incompetent can get so much support for something that they've badly-botched since U9.  You can hear their responses in how they're so proud of the CONTENT they make while completely ignoring the valid concerns of the community.

They want suger-coated PR speak instead of actually taking the time to listen to stuff they need to improve.  I love how wonderfully (and bug-free) the game runs for me.  I love how they implemented DX11 support and multi-threading support.  I wish they'd implement OpenGL (if only for our Linux players) but I understand their need to prioritize.

$250 Grand Masters, about 500 of them = $125,000

$100 Masters, about 3000 of them = $300,000

My numbers are very low (probably add a zero or two) but those are bare-minimum estimates that I've seen based on both forum postings and in-game markers for people who had their names on various areas.

Now $425k per year (minimum) split among 5 people = $85k per year each.  Very luxurious salaries in the indie market.  Many indie devs would be lucky if they can just break even with $40k per year or w/e.

Oh well what about all the team and art assets?  Outsourced.  Guaranteed.  No way that they'd have the expense of hiring full-time art people in-house at US salary rates.  I don't know of *any* F2P company/studio that does that.  They outsource it all to starving artists in South Korea, Japan, and China.  Mostly South Korea.

They aren't hurting for money and they're making a very healthy living off of this game.  Unfortunately if they continue to act surprised at the fact that people have issues with long-standing game bugs/issues that have been reported, re-reported, and flat out ignored, then they need to wake up and realize what world they live in.

I love the work you did, CM Rebecca, but my recommendation is to start poking around your expertise towards other companies that actually listen to their customers and make massive amounts of money piles.

I'd recommend either Google or Valve.  Google should be easy enough to get into with your expertise, but Valve would be a company that I'm sure you'd fit in fantastically :)

You're much too good for these schlubs.  Best of luck to you, Rebecca! ^_^

Edited by Xenrax

There are way more than 5 people on their team(40?). I doubt the core members (which might be their entire team) get paid for overtime. They always work overtime.

Looking forward to a better livestream summary. The post above was a nice little "where did my money go" post but kind of not actually making a summary.

This is what I remember, I was in and out of the room so might have missed stuff.

I didn't win any plat.

We got to see the new mesh for Ruk and one for Aled V.

There was talk of possibly making Syandanas (scarves) a reward for a future weekend event.

Rebecca will be doing a new separate livestream in the evenings starting Thursday 26th.

Steve came on and mentioned a new multi-threading option in the tools widget of the WF launcher.

There will be a 24hr Reactor alert following the next hotfix probably.

Edited by alienspacebats