Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop Tables, Void Rewards, Forma: Discussions From Ls#14

TheSphynx

I have compiled a few of the discussions from LS#14. These were the most important to me and seem to be the most discussed on the forums.

Void Reward Table Issues
Rebecca: With update 10.0.4 we did some fixes for the Void Reward table issues. Forma was considered to be stealth nerfed out of there. Want to talk about dilution or what happened there?
Scott: I don't believe it stealth nerfed out there. We added more stuff so some of it did get diluted. The loot tables got a little scrambled up in order to balance out what was available in each mission type.

Forma were discussed again:
Rebecca: Someone saying "Discuss the Forma issue not dropping in the void".

Sheldon: It should be now
Rebecca: It was, it was just dilution.

DE Drop Tables
Rebecca: Drop tables that indicate where to get things. There is a current debate about should it just be "where?" or should it be "where and how much?". I think the "how much" stuff is kinda off the table, but the "where?"
Scott: Instead of basically just releasing them into the wild and putting them on a wiki somewhere, the plan is to hopefully put that stuff into the game. So that information is in the game.
Rebecca: Like, here is what you got, where you got it. Codex, kinda.
Scott:   As Elder players play deeper into the game, they will have that information. Then they will inform the people. People will be able to, you know, as they play, people will get an updated list in their UI that shows this is where they got such-and-such. This type of enemy drops such-and-such. We want to put it in game. It's not that we want it to be a mystery. It's not like we are holding it back.

Opinions and feedback on these topics? I feel as if Void Rewards were hardly discussed and blamed on "dilution". According to Sheldon, there should be a difference with 10.0.4-10.0.5. What do you guys think?

Edited by TheSphynx

To be completely honest, seeing that Forma and Forma Blueprints already had a 1% chance in most Void missions, the percentage should have been adjusted to accommodate the new items and prevent "dilution". Sure, we still have (if percentages are the same as pre-10) a 12% chance for blueprints from T2 and T3 Survival and Exterminates, but how much has that number actually changed due to "dilution".

Forma need an entirely new system. Farming one RNG (Void Keys) is one thing, but adding another incredibly low RNG (Forma Rate) just makes an unstable and inefficient way of getting an item that is required in almost 90% of clan production. That isn't including using them for polarizing weapons and warframes. The endless farming of defense and void missions (for forma) continues, but as of U10 it has become significantly more difficult.

It was a mistake to make forma the one and only thing everyone hunts for. Almost everything else just sort of happens while you hunt for forma. You don't really need to even pay attention to the other resources because by the time you get the forma, you'll have them too. This game isn't warframe, it's forma hunter online.

It was a mistake to make forma the one and only thing everyone hunts for. Almost everything else just sort of happens while you hunt for forma. You don't really need to even pay attention to the other resources because by the time you get the forma, you'll have them too. This game isn't warframe, it's forma hunter online.

I lol'd. It's sad, but true. It seems like a majority of my time is spent on actually farming void keys for forma OR farming void missions for forma. I have easily been rewarded with over 4-5 FULL sets of Frost Prime parts from T2 Raid & Exterminates back before U10.

It's just plain lies.

Dakra handle

Paris Upper limb

Latron stock

Mag Prime helm

Anyone recognize those?

The items listed above easily have 30% drop chance (or more) in their respective mission types. The tables were not diluted due to the addition of new items; they were changed on purpose.

Also, Forma used to drop at 12% in both Extermination and Raid. Raid has now been changed to survival. I have not recieved a single Forma from survival so that is half of the forma gone right there without even factoring in the changes to the drop chance from exterm missions.

If we ever do get datamined tables there will be big trouble.

Rebecca has been doing a fantastic job at the communication aspect of this.  Be sure not to yell at the messenger since she IS indeed bringing up major community concerns straight to the devs!

Rebecca did great. She is never afraid to ask a thing. The problem is, people have been talking about the forma issue for a very long time now. With U10, it has only made the problem worse. Currently, I have finished 3 T2 Exterminates. I will post a detailed list of my rewards. The search for Forma goes on!

In my quest to get the blueprint for the paris prime, on tier 3  mobile defense missions, I already received two forma blueprints and one of them was just now. Sadly, still nothing for that paris prime blueprint .....

Interesting, either you got incredibly lucky with the old 1% rate or they increased the chance on T3 Mobile. I'll have to check it out. Thanks

Edited by TheSphynx