Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 player arbitrations

(XBOX)Nightseid

Sorties and the open-map bounty systems have done a better job of the sequence-based missions that it takes away one of the major allures of the Trails mission type, which leaves only leaves 8-person groups as the last piece of trails which folks are craving for.

As such this suggestion or arbitrations recommendation is simple; Recreate arbitrations to an 8 person endless mission mode. No need for specific “weapon/frame buffs” that never made sense as there are some many metas and remove the one major annoyance like the no downed state, I’m fine with having one life but allow players to revive me when I’m downed.

In my opinion, the arbitration mode is boring because It’s basically like every mission we currently have. Redesigning arbitrations as an 8 person endless game mode would give it enough variant to have it feel different and provide an “endgame” sensation. It would require some work but this could be a good replacement to trails, not to mention provide group minded players something to do but allow this mode to public match players together unlike trials which required folks to private invite – we already have a solo, private and public setting for that.

Possible ideas 8 player endless missions

Data miner or Elite Interception – combination defense, interception & hacking. The scenario is the group must hack a huge corpus satellite facility. The group needs to protect a few data servers (3 for each satellite) from being destroyed while 3 individuals hack 3 consoles (no cyphers allowed). Every hack gives 100 data points every 1000 data points completes a wave rotation. Once all three satellites are destroyed the mission fails.

Elite Defection – much like original defection except with a better map layout for better AI pathing perhaps an open-zone map. The scenario is Sarga Ruk has found one of the grineer defectors colonies and has begun bombarding the area with toxic gas; players must help the defectors escape from waves of grineer death squads sent to eliminate all traces of the grineer defectors. Med-boosters are replaced or enhanced with shield generators providing protection from the toxic environment and projectiles; players will need to keep generators powers by obtaining power cells. Defectors will try and make their way to the escape ship, players must defend the escape ship from being destroyed. If the ship is destroyed the mission is over. Once the ships is at full capacity (15 people) it launches and a new one is deployed. Every other ship launch is a rotation wave.

These are only 2 additional concepts mission. I’m sure regular defense, survival, and other endless can be adjusted to allow 8 player teams.

Overall out of all the suggestions/recommendations regarding arbitrations like the drones and mini-bosses are great but an 8-player arbitrations would be the bees knees, so long as the missions are designed with a challenge in mind