Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Infos About "soma" Tweaks?

vladiko2

This wep is way to op. Either bolster the other "Top tier weps" or nerf it DE. It is ridiculous that this wep has a higher crit chance than the snipers(Lanka and bows).

Lanka has 25x the base damage of a soma and Dread has 15x. Even with the Soma 3x damage and 35% chance it can never hit as hard per hit as a sniper weapon because it's base damage is 10.Snipe weapons ALL have pitiful DPS with many weapons beating them, but not one none sniper other than Ogris can out do them in a single hit damage.

Soma is not even Op compared to pistols, and is not even on the same league as acrid. The Supra is about 1/3 as powerful as acrid with numerous cons, it not hard to make that boondoggle of a weapon look bad.

Edited by LazyKnight

Lanka has 25x the base damage of a soma and Dread has 15x. Even with the Soma 3x damage and 35% chance it can never hit as hard per hit as a sniper weapon because it's base damage is 10.Snipe weapons ALL have pitiful DPS with many weapons beating them, but not one none sniper other than Ogris can out do them in a single hit damage.

Soma is not even Op compared to pistols, and is not even on the same league as acrid. The Supra is about 1/3 as powerful as acrid with numerous cons, it not hard to make that boondoggle of a weapon look bad.

ALL rifles except ogris (still only useful for camping with team) are worser then acrid.

Shred + Cryo (trade speed trigger, and either ammo mute or hammer shot (cryo will help make up for the lost damage) turns this into a great cc weapon. I've only got mine half ranked (and no potato yet) and it's terrrific any time I can line up a group of enemies, or they're all clustered around a doorway (and with a little judicious manuevering, opportunities like this are always happening.

reasons:

1. bp for this beast can be bought from market. 

2. it requires very low mastery rank. 

3. with only 2 formas soma outperforms flux with 6 formas!

4. with rifle amp it kills 80+ heavy units in 2-3 secs

5. with ammo mutator (new sentinel opt.) you will always have full ammo on xini wave 5-20

this is typical cheap fit with 2 formas:

wmjh42fm.jpg

At first, I was wondering how the hell you could fit all those mods with just 2 formas, until I took a second look and saw Speed Trigger, and to a lesser extent, Rifle Mutator Mod. Speed trigger is an absolute waste for Tenno. It would be far more valuable on a sentinel, which has infinite ammo. An elemental mod would offer more dps potential. If you have the carrier, vacuum replaces the Rifle Mutator Mod, allowing you to put in a 2nd elemental mod for further damage potential, or freeze to give you more breathing space.

How, praytell, does Carrier's Vaccuum replace the mutator? Vaccuum doesn't make additional rifle ammo drop, it just means you don't have to work as hard to pick it up when it does. You're still gonna chew through ammo faster than it drops without the mutator.

Ok. I'll give you a really good reason.

You may not be aware of it, but you actually miss several ammo drops without realizing it, especially in non-defense missions. The vacuum proved this to me because in situations where I was usually out of ammo, with the vacuum on, my ammo count almost always stayed at or near 540. That says a lot statistics wise. It tells me that there were multiple ammo drops I never realized existed if it weren't for the vacuum pulling it out of what seemed to be thin air.

I have a mutator mod on my secondary. The Vacuum just makes ammo pickup OK in terms of convenience.

Edited by Ruzu