Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruption scoring rewards luck and being in a group, not efficiency

Xavori

Subject pretty much says it all.

The current scoring system gives more points for a) multiple demolysts active at a time, and b) quickly finding and killing them.

A is obviously group bonus.  B is just luck.

In fact, I'd suggest the scoring is backwards.  It shouldn't be how quickly you find them, but how close they are to the terminal when they are killed.  Take more risk in letting them get closer to their objective, get a higher reward.  Contrast that with now where you get the higher reward for being lucky enough to have them spawn close to where you are so you can quickly find them.

As for the group bonus, why?  It's already easier to do this mission in a group.  There is zero reason to make the easier version more rewarding as well.  If anything, the scoring system should favor solo players as they are going to take longer and have to survive far more enemies showing up trying to kill them than group players, and they aren't going to have teammates  around to help clear those enemies who again, because each round takes longer, will have more time to show up.

Now I get that this is a clan event and y'all wanted to encourage clan playing.  So that should have been the bonus to scoring.  The more clan members are in your group, the more 'bonus' you get.  Say an extra 5% score per target per clan member so up to 20%.  It's enough to encourage clan playing, but not so much as to make it impossible for solo players to achieve similar scores.

The last thing I'd suggest is quit scoring total points for clans, and instead go with average score of clan members who attempted the mission.  That actually encourages the top players in the clan to run with the weaker and more casual members to raise the average rather than allowing a handful of hardcore players to run up huge scores while most of the rest of the clan does the minimum.