Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Warframe Idea-Add Your's Too

Ace0fBlades

Scott mentioned in the latest livestream that they were open to ideas on a new frame so here is mine.

Since they alternate, this warframe would be female. This would be a good opportunity it implement a female tank warframe, since currently none really count as such. Seeing as how warframes go for their own personal elemental theme, I think plant powers would be pretty interesting. It makes sense because all of the orokin ships are filled with genetically enhanced plants which grow over everything. Her abilities could go along the lines of tripping up or holding enemies with roots, creating cover for teammates with briars or trees, using leaves as projectiles, or creating thorn patches which would act as a dot attack.

Short version:

gender-female

style-tank

elemental power-plant manipulation

possible powers: tripping with vines, creating cover for teamates with plant growth, creating dot fields with thorn patches, projectile leaves?

I'm in no way artistically inclined, so if someone else is interested and is talented feel free to create a design prototype

I'll try to expand your idea a bit.

Name: Dryad

Stats:

Health: 100 (300)

Shield: 125 (375)

Energy: 100 (150)

Armor: 125

Sprint: 1.1

1st Ability: Entanglement

Cost: 25

Dryad tosses a seed which sticks to whatever it hits, and after a few seconds will sprout vines which ensnare nearby enemies and drag them towards the seed's location. Enemies being dragged are treated as being staggered. Leveling up this ability increases the vine's range and allows for more enemies to be ensnared.

2nd Ability: Natural Barrier

Cost: 50

Dryad creates a wall of wood in front of her, creating a barrier to stop incoming enemy fire. The barrier disappears after a while. Leveling up this ability increases the height, width, and time of the barrier.

Alternate 2nd Ability: Leaf Barrier

Dryad summons a shield of leaves around herself or an ally, reducing all incoming damage. After taking a certain percentage of damage the leaves launch forward, homing in on enemies in front of you or an ally. This ability can be cast multiple times while it is active, but not on the same target.

(Say I cast it on myself, while it is active I can cast it again on an ally instead.)

3rd Ability: Thorn Barrage

Dryad shoots out thorns in a wide cone in front of her. Enemies hit will be staggered and slowed, and then will have DoT of blade damage. Enemies can be hit by multiple thorns. The initial impact deals Physics Impact Damage (A.I.) Leveling this ability up increase damage, range, and quantity of thorns.

4th Ability: Nature's Fury

Cost: 150

Dryad summons a whirlwind of leaves in an AoE around herself. Enemies caught in this AoE are disoriented and take Blade Damage. The leaves will give Dryad and teammates within the AoE some damage reduction. After a few seconds the leaves will then launch outwards, damaging enemies.

What do you think of this?