Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet jumping doesn't let me move afterwards

Number39

Ever since I logged on after 25.1.1 today, inconsistently whenever I bullet jump, I do not slide from the bullet jump, and I cannot move until I let go of W or whatever key I was holding down, then I can start moving again. Until I pretty much take my hand off of the keyboard, I can only jump or crouch in place, and bullet jumping again only covers short distances leaving me still stuck. This doesn't happen everytime I bullet jump, maybe 30% of the time, but during missions once it happens once it'll almost always happen for the rest of the mission consistently. It feels like I'm constantly running into invisible walls or like I'm in an invisible maze of some sort. At first I thought wisp was glitching or it was a connection issue, but it happens in my orbiter and with other frames. Ever since this update, I've noticed all my settings were set to default and I had to manually change everything again. But no matter how much I change or reset controls, network, or graphic options, or restart warframe, verify/optimize cache, or restart my computer, I can't bullet jump properly or slide most of the time. Hell sometimes it'll happen just from me holding down W and doing nothing else. I have to constantly stop what I'm doing, let go of the keyboard, continue, and 1-30 seconds later, repeat. Do you have any idea how frustrating this is? I nearly popped a blood vessel today, just from the bug's inconsistency alone.

Edit: Added a video. Whenever you see me standing still or jumping and crouching in place, I'm still holding down W. I only start moving again after I let go of W. But I perform a lot of bullet jumps where I'm still moving afterwards without letting go of W. This inconsistency is EXTREMELY frustrating during play. Even weirder, at the beginning you see me get stuck, crouch walk for a few steps, then get restuck. This is a very confusing bug.

Edited by Number39
Video

I thought it was just me,
I dont have it that severe, but Yeah I cant hold down crouch anymore and consistantly keep bullet jumping.
I have to keep it in time with slide or it glitchs and I have to figure out the right timing again before I can constantly go.
or I stuck crouching and walking all the time, which sucks.

It is annoying and I hope it is fixed soon :(

• 4 weeks later...

@waverid3r Thanks, unfortunately this issue has still not been fixed. This is becoming a serious issue, and is why I haven't played since I made this post.

Edit: It got worse! Now I stop moving then resume moving very often and very inconsistently. I tried to play a survival mission today to see if anything improved. I didn't touch the CTRL, Shift, or Space the majority of the mission, just WASD, because the issue is still apparent. I would constantly stop moving, and then it'd start again before I could figure out if it was some combination of WASD I was using. Sometimes I could go through several tiles continuously, and other times I could constantly do a bunch of micromovements without issue, but the majority of the time I just gotta deal with it looking like this game is breaking.

Movement is such an important part of this game, I can't just stand still and use only 1, 2, 3, 4, and mouse and say that's okay. This game is currently unplayable. I feel like I'm trying to play this game on a toaster, and no overheating or chugging is being shown on my gtx 1070/ryzen 1700/32gb ram/7tb setup I got going.

I've been playing this game since 2013 and sunk a little pocket change into this game, I'd like to keep playing. But this is curently unforgiveable of an issue to leave unsolved, until it is. I'll keep checking back, but I'm out until I can @#$%ing MOVE!

Edited by Number39

Im betting money on the Internet Handshake of DE's servers :S
cause my problems went away after the last few patches
and I only encounter the odd ball one, when my "net" is lagging cause someone that is hosting has
a crap hosting net speed.
:S I would go without content for 2 years, if they fixed their server problem :(