Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS dropped

GC_Avangard

Question

Hello guys, I havent played Warframe for 2 weeks and as the event came, I decided to play. But there is my problem, I have 30 fps maximum now, while I had always 60 before. I tried everything I know, but the issue is still there. What could be the reason? And yeah I know to buy new PC, atleast a new videocard - I have GTX 660 :(

6 answers to this question

What are your full PC specs and what are your visual settings?  Based on personal experience your GPU shouldn't be nearly as much of a bottleneck as your FPS numbers would suggest.  Until a few months ago I was running a GTX760 and got 100+ frames in most missions and around 70-80 in PoE/OV (with graphics pretty much maxed).

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

Hey, I am playing with bordeless fullscreen  at minimal settings (turned everything off). My specifications:

Acer Predator G3620 motherboard

Processor|Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (architecture: x64; 3401 MHz)

Physical memory|7,9 GB

Video|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (1920x1080x32b)

1 hour ago, DwCAvangard said:

Hey, I am playing with bordeless fullscreen  at minimal settings (turned everything off). My specifications:

Acer Predator G3620 motherboard

Processor|Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (architecture: x64; 3401 MHz)

Physical memory|7,9 GB

Video|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (1920x1080x32b)

That makes me think there's something going on in the background since those specs should be able to run Warframe comfortably at med settings (possibly high on some).  What active processes do you have running at the same time?  Is your CPU or GPU reaching load and what are their temps?  If all your RAM is being used then you might be using a paged file which would slow things down (especially on an HDD).  Switch to Fullscreen to get some more frames.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Jiminez_Burial:

That makes me think there's something going on in the background since those specs should be able to run Warframe comfortably at med settings (possibly high on some).  What active processes do you have running at the same time?  Is your CPU or GPU reaching load and what are their temps?  If all your RAM is being used then you might be using a paged file which would slow things down (especially on an HDD).  Switch to Fullscreen to get some more frames.

Usually its Warframe, Discord and Steam. Should I try to start the game without the steam client? I am not sure if I understood the part with GPU/CPU right but it using 67% of RAM, CPU 15% and GPU 80%.

You should try running Warframe without steam......... Had the same problem as you, and it seems Steam was the buffer. 

Go to steam library, open local files, select the warframe launcher and create a shortcut. Right click the shortcut, select properties, and in the shortcut directory, add this "-cluster:public -registry:Steam" without the quotation marks. Right click again, and select Run with high performance graphics processor...... enjoy smooth fps again.