Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Patched: Snow Globe bug after UPD25

Tynged

I would like to apologise in advance, in case a similar topic has already been resolved by the Warframe community. I play on console, PC might have already got it patched.

Long story short, Frost's Snow Globe entity now functions as an object and obeys all corresponding line of sight rules, mostly concerning AI enemy behaviour.

Prior to the update, enemies retained their aggressive state, whether you were diametrically opposite to their position, behind the globe, or inside of it. No matter who drew the highest aggro, they would still take you into their consideration and attempt shooting through the globe defences, thus rapidly reducing its HP, if you happened to stand inside of it. 
Many moons and sorties after, I grew suspicious of the 90%+ HP left on my globe all the time, even if placed just once during a lengthy mission, and decided to test things around.

The results are the following: no matter the enemy type, be it a Jackal, Kela de Thaym, regular nullifiers, angry snipers, Orokin turrets, smelly bombards, anybody really, they would not see you behind or inside the globe, desperately rushing towards its edges to see you playing peek-a-boo behind the snowy curtain. Every time I placed my globe, guns went silent. Quite satisfying, but barely useful, as the globe radius got nerfed way back, and tough enemies entering your tight personal space would outright overwhelm you at some point, even against a Tigris Prime in their face. 

May be a bug, or I was oblivious all this time and everything is working just as before. From what I have glanced through though, several warframes recently began to exhibit unusual behaviour with Snow Globe as well, and this might be the reason why.

P.S: Also chose PC forum instead of PS4, thanks stormtrooper aim.

Edited by Tynged
Already patched

• 1 month later...