Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Avalanche Buff

InfestDylan

Playing frost recently made me happy to see a new and improved snowglobe. This is cool but also highlighted some issues with Frost.

The new snowglobe effect looks so much better than the other abilities frost has now so why not give the other abilities a facelift and touchups? I think Frost is a decent Warframe in that he has a place as a defensive caster. Avalanche seems underwhelming and although it is strong it doesn't feel impactful or fit with the rest of his abilities to me. I thought why not give his fourth the same treatment and use the fancy new colouring effects? I like the idea of heavy ice raining down on enemies, giving ice an inner/core and outer/edge colour options to ice would look very nice. 

Avalanche: freezes enemies over a duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds within a radius of 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters. Frozen enemies have their armor reduced by 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% of their current armor > Summons heavy Ice chunks (dealing the same damage in Cold b cold) 800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1500 ignoring 25% of the target's resistance. Additionally dealing 10% of the target's maximum health value in Impact b impact damage (to a cap of 100,000 not affected by Ability strength). 

I know some people are going to ask:

"How is this a buff to frost?"

"Why even change the damage?"

"Isn't this virtually the same thing?

The intent is to give Frost more options by fixing the damage to scaling with enemy health and not AP. This would give Frost players the option to stack on stats that make Frost scale best for his main use as a defender. Armor, Efficiency, Range or other mods since AP would become a diminishing return on damage as Avalanche would scale nicely with enemy health and resistances. Currently, you have the option of going for 250% AP for 100% armor reduction and scaling damage. This not optimal since other frames (Saryn) exist. Without making sweeping changes to the rest of the roster, frost's 4 will always feel like a tacked on ability to me.

Feedback from frost main's who know more about frost is welcome. (Please be respectful)