The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

I do not believe we will be able to defeat the Lotus.

After years of constant combat with the Grineer and Corpus, we will be tired, and our numbers will number in a much lesser amount then when we were first defrosted.

What do we know about the Lotus?  She is cunning, she is linked to every Tenno in existence, and she is incredibly powerful.

Coupled with the fact that even though we were deceived, she will still have zealots defending her, and probably a horde of Orokin built machines and weapons.

We're talking about the lady who used us to kill off the most powerful empire in human existence in the blink of an eye.

But WE did that, we've toppled armies, we've destroyed entire fleets in an instant, we've saved a forest against near-impossible odds, if four Tenno can conquer a thousand well-trained, heavily armed and armored super-soldiers, then what chance would anyone have against us?

But WE did that, we've toppled armies, we've destroyed entire fleets in an instant, we've saved a forest against near-impossible odds, if four Tenno can conquer a thousand well-trained, heavily armed and armored super-soldiers, then what chance would anyone have against us?

You've missed my first two points.

We will be tired, and there will not be many of us left.

And then many of us will go and defend the one who has taken advantage of us for centuries.

Let's look at this.

The Lotus now has a group of a few hundred Tenno, Orokin death machines and weapons.

The few who will even try to fight the Lotus, just have a few hundred battered Tenno, and maybe a couple outside supporters. (Highly doubtful)

The odds are against those who wish freedom.

You've missed my first two points.

We will be tired, and there will not be many of us left.

And then many of us will go and defend the one who has taken advantage of us for centuries.

Let's look at this.

The Lotus now has a group of a few hundred Tenno, Orokin death machines and weapons.

The few who will even try to fight the Lotus, just have a few hundred battered Tenno, and maybe a couple outside supporters. (Highly doubtful)

The odds are against those who wish freedom.

1. I noticed. 2.Lotus coup will outrage Red Veil, allying them to our cause. Darvo+potential moa army. Grineer and corpus, who hate the Lotus, may provide support due to "enemy of my enemy is my friend". So overall, I'd say both forces are of equal power.

1. I noticed. 2.Lotus coup will outrage Red Veil, allying them to our cause. Darvo+potential moa army. Grineer and corpus, who hate the Lotus, may provide support due to "enemy of my enemy is my friend". So overall, I'd say both forces are of equal power.

The Red Veil will be of no true significance to either parties, as they seem only to be allied with the Tenno to stop the Grineer, but the Grineer and Corpus have been wiped out by the Pre-coup Tenno.  Maybe they will rally around the Anti-Lotus Tenno, but I would think that war with the Grineer would have weakened them severely.

I don't know if Darvo will help the ALT, as we killed his father in our complete destruction of the Grineer and Corpus.  Even though his father wronged him, I think Darvo loves his father.

The Grineer and Corpus basically don't exist anymore, so we will not be seeing any help from them.

So the most the ALT will get is a weak guerrilla force and maybe a pissed merchant.

It's not exactly even. 

The Red Veil will be of no true significance to either parties, as they seem only to be allied with the Tenno to stop the Grineer, but the Grineer and Corpus have been wiped out by the Pre-coup Tenno.  Maybe they will rally around the Anti-Lotus Tenno, but I would think that war with the Grineer would have weakened them severely.

I don't know if Darvo will help the ALT, as we killed his father in our complete destruction of the Grineer and Corpus.  Even though his father wronged him, I think Darvo loves his father.

The Grineer and Corpus basically don't exist anymore, so we will not be seeing any help from them.

So the most the ALT will get is a weak guerrilla force and maybe a &!$$ed merchant.

It's not exactly even. 

What if we mutated the infested to be controlled by us?

What if we mutated the infested to be controlled by us?

Hmm...

In theory it may be possible, but I doubt the ALT would be able to do it.

If you look at the ancients, they have this thing attached to their backs.  Many people think this is an Orokin control device used to well... control the ancients to fight the Sentients.

I would think the tech for this has been lost as the Lotus isn't using this tech on the Infestation right now.

But if they could figure out how to engineer this tech, they would first need to locate where the Lotus actually is, and then figure out how to deploy the now weaponized Infestation.

This is all assuming the Tenno aren't immune to the Technocyte Virus, which they very well could be.  But hey, Alad's Infestation can affect machines, so they may have a chance against the Lotus's Orokin death machines.

Hmm...

In theory it may be possible, but I doubt the ALT would be able to do it.

If you look at the ancients, they have this thing attached to their backs.  Many people think this is an Orokin control device used to well... control the ancients to fight the Sentients.

I would think the tech for this has been lost as the Lotus isn't using this tech on the Infestation right now.

But if they could figure out how to engineer this tech, they would first need to locate where the Lotus actually is, and then figure out how to deploy the now weaponized Infestation.

This is all assuming the Tenno aren't immune to the Technocyte Virus, which they very well could be.  But hey, Alad's Infestation can affect machines, so they may have a chance against the Lotus's Orokin death machines.

This is assuming the Lotus is a physical human being, she may be everywhere. Also, mass deployment of infested never hurt...

This is assuming the Lotus is a physical human being, she may be everywhere. Also, mass deployment of infested never hurt...

Many believe that the Lotus is an AI of some sort, and the woman we see is an "avatar" of sorts.

If true, this would mean she has a definite main location to house her AI.  If untrue, she would be a Tenno of some sort, and also have a definite location.

And no, mass deployment of the Infestation is a bad idea.  The Orokin did that, and that's why we have to deal with them right now.

Many believe that the Lotus is an AI of some sort, and the woman we see is an "avatar" of sorts.

If true, this would mean she has a definite main location to house her AI.  If untrue, she would be a Tenno of some sort, and also have a definite location.

And no, mass deployment of the Infestation is a bad idea.  The Orokin did that, and that's why we have to deal with them right now.

It would be pretty cool if we could meet the Lotus one day in a quest or event and even fight with her against Infested or some other faction. What kind of powers would the Lotus have?

And tell me, who's the lesser of the four evils?

Grineer? Impossible.

Corpus, they seem it upfront, but they're not much better than the Grineer after the fact.

Infested? PLEASE.

The Lotus? Welp, considering she actually holds some value in human lives and upholds a fair moral code (Letting you know about the colonists you could save in the Vor's Prize quest for starters. Literally.) I'd say she's got a good head start.

Edited by Un1337ninj4

And tell me, who's the lesser of the four evils?

Grineer? Impossible.

Corpus, they seem it upfront, but they're not much better than the Grineer after the fact.

Infested? PLEASE.

The Lotus? Welp, considering she actually holds some value in human lives and upholds a fair moral code (Letting you know about the colonists you could save in the Vor's Prize quest for starters. Literally.) I'd say she's got a good head start.

I actually believe the Infestation is the lesser of the four evils.

If the Infested win, there will be eternal peace in the Sol System.

If any other factions win, there will always be some form of pain and suffering.

You mean to tell me the Infested aren't in pain? (In the process of becoming Ancients.)

And the fact remains, no one really "volunteers" to be infected, probably because it hurts like a @&#(&*@#$#.

I do see your point, but I'd much rather have the Lotus in control of things, if her goal was total domination she wouldn't be talking of "Balance". Her goals seem to be more "Humanitarian" in nature (I can't quite say we'd technically be at our current count of Sapien in the time span of this universe so the term "human" seems comical.).

The fun fact of the current lore is that each side dances on the grey lines of morality. It's up to the player on whom they think is "right", but in all reality it's as its always been.... A matter of perspective.