The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

I want to get into game production in the future. I'm not sure if it'll work out for me, or if I should go for it in the first place, but it's definitely a job I'd be interested in.

I've always thought about it myself, I've played countless games and I still enjoy it to this day even if most of the newer gen games are cookie-cutter. It is something I would love doing myself. Though I wouldn't know where I would fit inside the gaming industry.

Damnit, I want to work with DE X_X I can come up with creative ideas to improve their game.

Alas I'm only 15 and have yet to move out into the real world..

well im almost 20 and havent moved out yet lol 

I've always thought about it myself, I've played countless games and I still enjoy it to this day even if most of the newer gen games are cookie-cutter. It is something I would love doing myself. Though I wouldn't know where I would fit inside the gaming industry.

I'd probably go for a job in design or community, as that's what I'm kinda educating for, and I doubt I'm that good at coding.

I also have yet to move out. I probably won't in the near future, either.

Edited by RavenousPartyLibrarian

well im almost 20 and havent moved out yet lol 

I mean have a Degree that sort of thing, In this economy I'm pretty sure I'm going to be stuck at my house for awhile too.

Atleast if it doesn't improve over the years.

I'd probably go for a job in design or community, as that's what I'm kinda educating for, and I doubt I'm that good at coding.

I only know basic coding for Python (Which is beyond easy if you ask me). The best I can do is come up with creative ideas for certain mechanics or characters. Don't rely on me for story though.

I only know basic coding for Python (Which is beyond easy if you ask me). The best I can do is come up with creative ideas for certain mechanics or characters. Don't rely on me for story though.

I'd love to work with story. I'd also love to work with music. Music, story, design or community. I guess my choices are somewhat flexible, at least.

I tried coding on my RPG Maker VX Ace once. It didn't go too well.

I'd love to work with story. I'd also love to work with music. Music, story, design or community. I guess my choices are somewhat flexible, at least.

I tried coding on my RPG Maker VX Ace once. It didn't go too well.

Coding is a skill that takes practice to learn how to polish one stuff and to learn how to deal with mechanics.

Personally I could not imagine the amount of coding one would have to do for a Game.

Re-using a code once you develop it is the easiest way to save time on your next title.

Which is probably why CoD, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, any other game that has Annual releases keeps coming up with nearly the same core-gameplay with one or two extra features about it.

Of course sticking to your game's style is very important but I think we have lost touch with the difference between style and similarities.

Another problem I have noticed with the gaming industry recently is everyone is trying to be 'Innovative' and compete with other games in the similar genre. When people try to be too innovative, they don't realize usually that they come out with a game that is the same only more flashy. I think honestly we should all drop the 'innovation and competition idea' and we could come up with more creative ideas for gaming in general.

Don't get me wrong, innovation is nice but focusing too much on it is bad.

The primary focus in my opinion should be on making the game fun for your players and making sure you have fun creating it for them.

Sorry about the rant but... that is something that was on my mind recently.

Geez did I scare everyone off with my Rant?...

Nope, im also learning about coding at my high school, its just Processing instead, also im farmig for Hikou Prime atm just the last part Scindo Prime.. all those cells i need... :P

Edit: also i lurk really much. 

Lurky... Lurky...

Edited by Aeon66

Nope, im also learning about coding at my high school, its just Processing instead, also im farmig for Hikou Prime atm just the last part Scindo Prime.. all those cells i need... :P

Edit: also i lurk really much. 

Lurky... Lurky...

Lurky...Lurky..You just got shot like a turkey.