Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious redesign of Match Making required

Mosuowai

Please could DE reconsider/look into a redesign of the Match Making algorithms or whatever process is in place.

Without exaggeration, in 8 out of 10 missions, there is either a host migration, or the host is unable to hold a steady connection eg, starting ping could be 100ms, then it bounces to over 1000ms and back again (all team members affected, not just myself). I have reduced the limit of the match making ping to under 150ms and still get matched with 800ms+ ping hosts.

This not only affects the enjoyment of missions for the rest of the team members, but does not allow the game to be played as intended. An example of this is, should i encounter a host with a unsteady connection, Gara's Mass Vitrify skill does not cast correctly. Basically the animation will be carried out, the Glass Wall can appear as normal or broken, Splinter Shield's timer does not reset, and the Glass Wall cannot be broken. However energy is still taken from the pool to cast the skill (this has been confirmed by several other players I have spoken to). Other issues include and are not limited to, being unable to go into operator mode, doors not opening, cannot use skills, enemies time warping as well as own frame time warping.

I am sure too, that on some occasions is not just the connection problem, but a problem of the host running a very low end computer system, and thus unable to act as host fluidly despite having a solid connection. The reason I think this might be true is because I have been in squads with friends who live further away, getting 400ms+ ping, but the game still runs relatively smoothly.

Surely there is a way to detect the stability of the host's setup before allowing him/her to be able to act as host?

I know other Tennos will say not to join random queues. However, if that system is in place but is flawed, perhaps something should be done about it?

I was actually amazed by the number of host migration issues reported by the other players, which severely affects the gameplay and rewards for many other players. Sometimes, host migrations can be due to poor connection/crashes, but can also be intentional (for example, some players joins SO / ESO expecting to leech exp to rank up their gear; but there are no carries in the party, so they leave the squad).

I believe that a penalty system should be in place where, just as an example, if a player causes a host migration more than, say 3-5 times in a given day, they are not allowed to act as host anymore and/or are banned from joining specific game modes they keep host migrating from ie, the leechers in SO / ESO