The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game freezes and crashes to remote crash sender

JackJack86

I've been noticing that when this normally happens I'm melee-ing though it's happened outside of that context while in mission.  My client will randomly freeze and then crash while in mission.  My rig is operating in spec.

Ryzen 5 2600 (@ stock)

MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon (BIOS v26)

RTX 2060 (@ factory overclock w/ 105% over-current and 87 deg C MAX.  Nvidia whql 431.36... My card stays at a moderate 65-low 70's while the game is rendering.)

16GB GSkill 3466 cl16

Rosewill Lightning 1300 PSU

HP EX920 1TB nvme ssd

Win 10 x64 EDU build 1809

I also have Razer Peripherals but haven't had a problem running Warframe alongside the thrird party applications.

PS - I have a couple Support Tickets (or whatever the remote crash sender prompted me to copy) open on this issue, but only have the last one saved because I had to reinstall windows and lost the previous data.  Wasn't sure if posting it would be appropriate.

Edited by JackJack86

1 hour ago, JackJack86 said:

Ryzen 5 2600 (@ stock)
16GB GSkill 3466 cl16

For Ryzen 5 2600, DDR4 speed is only rated for 2933 MT/s. Your overclocked RAM that may very well be the cause of your problems, including having to reinstall windows. Drop the speed to 2933 and it may fix your random problems.

To check for system stability, you may stress test your CPU and system RAM with software like Prime95 or intelBurnTest, for hours.

My Ryzen 5 2400g with 32 GB of RAM (4 slots used) also have random crashes, but only when I try to go faster then 2933 MT/s. At 2933 MT/s speed it works perfectly fine for more then a week.

Up until this last major update I was able to run everything stable on this rig with all the above setting in BIOS. The ram is rated for and MSI validated to run at 3466MHz 16-18-18-38 with this series CPU (Pineacle Ridge).  I've done my hw and did sufficient stress testing (4 runs MemTest64 and 8 hrs Prime95) even though I am litterally not overclocking anything.  Not my CPU mult, nor BaseCLK, nor Memory.  However, Just moments ago I could not even run the launcher and downclocking my RAM by 500 MHZ did the trick.  Sad that I will be gimping an otherwise stable rig just to run Warframe again.  This is the only game that has been acting this way.  I play MHW, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Witcher 3, Far Cry 5... Warframe is the only game to get upset for the entire time I've had this setup.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

For Ryzen 5 2600, DDR4 speed is only rated for 2933 MT/s. Your overclocked RAM that may very well be the cause of your problems, including having to reinstall windows. Drop the speed to 2933 and it may fix your random problems.

To check for system stability, you may stress test your CPU and system RAM with software like Prime95 or intelBurnTest, for hours.

My Ryzen 5 2400g with 32 GB of RAM (4 slots used) also have random crashes, but only when I try to go faster then 2933 MT/s. At 2933 MT/s speed it works perfectly fine for more then a week.

I'm also only populating 2 DIMMs.  Again, this kit is validated to run at its rated speed for Pineacle Ridge on the x470 Gaming Pro Carbon in Single Channel by MSI.  I've had this setup stable since I built and stress tested more than 6 months ago.  There are 3 possibilities as to why this is working correctly... 1) VGA drivers bricked it for Warframe 2) Warframes recent updates have caused the issue, or 3)Windows updates caused the issue.  I don't have a Zen2 so updating the BIOS would make no sense.  The afformentioned suspects are the only thing aside from Razer updates that could possibly be the cause.

1 hour ago, JackJack86 said:

this kit is validated to run at its rated speed for Pineacle Ridge on the x470 Gaming Pro Carbon

It is likely a CPU limitation and being unlucky from Silicon lottery. Ryzen 5 2600 CPU is rated to handle at 2933 MT/s of RAM. Anything faster (RAM speed, CPU core speed) mostly depends on CPU Silicon lottery where only some of all Ryzen 5 2600, could run faster.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600

https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_5/2600

Edit: There could be a possibility that the DDR4 memory might be overheating and causing some random problems, a problem that may not show up with CPU only stress test. Only when using both CPU (Prime95) and GPU stress test (Furmark) at the same time, then the overheating problem might show up.

Edited by sam686