Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking At Nekros

theGreatZamboni

Glad that you liked the idea :D

And thanks for the tip about forum posting.

It helps for big posts, ones that need proper formatting. What we have here is bare bones and serviceable for simple replies. Also check out Hawken the game too! It can be pretty fun, reminds me of Killzone 2.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

The Grind-Wall argument... Is utter BS.

It doesn't take long to make a Derelict key, you can make up to multiple from Navs dropping in Solar System.

Same for Assassination keys, You can get quite a number of Golem Navs from a single Derelict run.

As far as I can tell from my experience killing the new Golem, he drops a BP everytime.

Nekros is not difficult to acquire.

As for your Nekros ideas, they're fine and dandy, but what would you add to replace Terrify if you would like Terrify to be combined into SoTD? You gotta know what you want. 

The animation for soul count would be nice, particles needs to be changed throughout the game or some sort of switch for it, common sense buffs on skills (Unless Armor 2.0 changes the need for buff), lore and descriptions could be altered, but as far as I'm concerned, no new ideas here. All rhetoric.

I know a lot of people like Desecrate. 
But I think your possess ability would be better in its slot. 
As it stands desecrate takes way more skill in timing, and way more luck with the drops. The benefit it gives simply doesn't compare.

I happen to enjoy Nekros, but that's only because it's fun to run around smacking enemies with Soul Punch then "bringing them back to life." IMHO, Nekros is far too squishy to be viable, especially when compared to other squishy frames like Nova or Loki.

I like the idea of rewriting the descriptions to fit Pseudo-sciences. Makes sense! This is Science Fiction, for Pete sake. At least make it halfway believable. =P

That being said, I do think this Warframe needs to at least be revisited and more geared towards using nano-technology to accomplish its goals (resurrecting the dead and whatnot) as well as in its ability descriptions.

So here's a thought. What if the Nekros itself was built out of nanobots? This would certainly make Zamboni's possession idea viable with pseudo-science, and provides an idea for another possible ability to replace the ultimately useless Soul Punch (which is often self defeating against higher level opponents since they end up doing more damage to you than you to them), a kind of armor that adapts to what's hitting it, unlike Rhino's Iron Skin, which absorbs damage. This would also fix the squishiness issue.

Anyway, my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...