Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - long runs don't have sense, reward too, general difficult is easy

Nokeon

Sorry for my english. Warframe is a very good game but reward system is bad... When we spend time fighting with stron oponent on survival for example for 50 minutes we don't have any bonuses for being better than new players who only fight for max 20... farming 1 neurodes somtimes need 1 hour, when you still killing all enemies easily (full riven mods on all weapons, high MR etc.). General difficult level is easy and reward system don't make sense.
And i have a suggestion, could you add mechanism similar to diablo 3 torment levels? Then we can pick mission and difficult level (with better rewards, more and harder mobs). Long runs don't have a point and present difficulty is low for experienced players (and so low for experienced team)
Thanks for all, warframe is the best mmo game

Edited by Nokeon

DE did not build their scaling system around endless rewards and endlessly scaling enemies. But endless missions were eventually added because players begged for it.

And players only really cared about long runs with the old void Key system for prime parts. So they can do AABCAABCAABC for 2 hours plus using broken meta builds with the fewest keys possible.

It is now pretty pointless to continue past the first C rotation unless you want to stress test your loadout.

Only game mode that rewards past the first rotation of rewards that I can think of is the Void Fissure endless missions which will boost earnings gradually tell a max cap of 2x rewards at 15th interval

A Interval:

• Defense: 5 waves
  • Interception: 1 round
  • Survival: 5 minutes
  • Excavation: 200 Cryotic

Should you collect the necessary Reactant per interval and open your Relic, a bonus will occur and you will be allowed to re-select a new Relic for the next interval. The bonuses are as followed:

• Every time you open a Relic, you get a predetermined booster. These boosters stack the longer you stay.
    1. The first interval: 1.25x Affinity.
    2. The second interval: 1.25x Credits.
    3. The third interval: 1.25x Resources.
    4. The fourth interval: 1.25x Resource Drop Rate.
    5. The fifth interval: a random Exceptional Relic (that can be used in the same mission).
    6. The sixth interval: 1.5x Affinity (replaces first).
    7. The seventh interval: 1.5x Credits (replaces second).
    8. The eighth interval: 1.5x Resources (replaces third).
    9. The ninth interval: 1.5x Resource Drop Rate (replaces fourth).
    10. The tenth interval: a higher tier random Flawless Relic (that can be used in the same mission).
  • Boosters continue to increase every set of intervals and are capped at double (2x). After the nineteenth interval, all boosters will have reached their cap.
  • Once you get to the fifteenth interval, you'll receive a random Radiant Relic (that can be used in the same mission).
  • Past the fifteenth interval, Radiant Relics will be received on every fifth interval.
  • Every Relic opened will result in Traces.

The problem with DE making rewards for everything going past a hour or just adding some "ultra hard" modes is

A: The game balance is extremely broken and with the right meta builds, are nothing more then time sinks with no challenge anyway. The game is not balanced around Riven/prime mods so there is a incredibly wide gap to cover in terms of haves and have nots. And still the damage is out of this world and immunity powers grant this large unbalance. Enemies have long since past the point of 1 hitting a player before player damage falls off. That's... not really fun for most of the player base. You just do a cycle tell the enemy gets a lucky hit.

B: The push of unhealthy play time requirements. Its not healthy for players, and its not a good look for the game when people feel forced to play marathons to get the most out of a system.

TL:DR The games core balance is broken, and it should not reward players for bad habits perpetuated by the faults in system. It will just make it harder to fix (if ever) later.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

[many text]

I agree with the points you brought up for the most part, BUT, I would still like to see some kind of more challenging endless mode, regardless of whether we get better loot or not. I would like an optional endurance mode that starts off with sortie level or level 100+ enemies that is *opt-in*, because like you mentioned, some of us do want to just test our builds and loadouts and there is a cap on how high level enemies you can spawn in the simulacrum. At the moment if I want to test, I'd need to sit in arbys for at least 1.5 hours, and I get bored long before then (I am aware this my own shortcoming).

So even if the compromise is as simple as ABCC reward cycles (same items) instead of AABC, I'd still run something with higher level base spawns just for the challenge element, because at this point that's what I enjoy most in the game. I do see where you're coming from about how it throws the balance off and encourages unhealthy behaviour, but I think there should be -some- kind of difficulty tier to things.