Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skins

lonelydrone

I know there will be more customization from helmets and chassis for frames.

My question is: there will be weapon skins too? (not like vandal, that's an event weapon).

you know, like a plasma-axe version skin for the scindo, a spike-mace skin for the fragon, old-style 2 barrel skin for the hek, mini-gun skin for the gorgon, magnum skin for the lex, etc. (cuz i'd like that a lot)

let me know what you guys think.

:D

Edited by lonelydrone

IMO skins should be only for warframes.

Well, i have to ask why? or how are weapon skins bad?

I mean, what is better? everyone(kinda exagerating, but you'll get my point) using the same set, flood the game with new weapons (even if they do the same)? or adding some weapon skins?, so even you are playing with a lex, u feel like u are Clint Eastwood with his mighty magnum, or even you're using a gorgon, u can feel like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2 with that gatling making everything explode... lol.

But just as you said this is my opinion and yours is welcome.

Well, i have to ask why?

I just want to know, which weapon the player uses. If there would be 3 or more custom skins for each weapon, it would be hard to remember all. And it's a lot of work for DEVs.

Edited by Kliko

I just want to know, which weapon the player uses. If there would be 3 or more custom skins for each weapon, it would be hard to remember all. And it's a lot of work for DEVs.

I dont want to be rude, but if ask me , that is kind of a stupid reason.

and its more work to flood thegame with new weapons than create some skins for the current.

again, this is my opinion. And I respect yours.

This has been brought up before and it is a great cosmetic way for developers to create content and make money off of it. Just like other F2P games, cosmetic items like this that don't affect the player's ability to play the game should be buyable with real world currency.

This has been brought up before and it is a great cosmetic way for developers to create content and make money off of it. Just like other F2P games, cosmetic items like this that don't affect the player's ability to play the game should be buyable with real world currency.

Well, I dont know if this has been broguht before, but if thats the case, I agree. And put some love from my part to this idea with this.

I'm okay with weapon recolors. I don't want different models though. I too like to know who is using what weapon. And if PvP is ever added (I can hope) it will be better to know what weapons are being used. Event reskins/versions that are slightly better are fine. Plus, there is only a certain amount of money/time that DE can invest into this game. I would prefer they create new weapons or warframes more than new skins, in general and especially for weapons. But that's just one man's opinion.

Way I see it, if they could make a new weapon skin, they may as well make it a new weapon entirely. I'd much rather have more weapons than less with skin options. There is no 'quality' differentiation between weapons because they all operate under the same premise using the same animation depending on the class of weapon (heavy, dual, single, etc). Currently there is also no means to customize weapons like warframes (the small color pallette icon, where you change such things as helmet, skin, and color).

Way I see it, if they could make a new weapon skin, they may as well make it a new weapon entirely. I'd much rather have more weapons than less with skin options. There is no 'quality' differentiation between weapons because they all operate under the same premise using the same animation depending on the class of weapon (heavy, dual, single, etc). Currently there is also no means to customize weapons like warframes (the small color pallette icon, where you change such things as helmet, skin, and color).

good point. However, im just saying to have some more vanity stuff but the frames thing, as i said before, it doesnt have to be a new weapon cuz it might be an old-school skin, like i said before, lex in a magnum revolver skin, or a hek in a old 2 barrel shotgun.

Creating a magnum or an old-school double barrel model weapon would (in my opinion) be out of context, just for being a new weapon. In the other hand, if it is a skin, players would get that for fun, vanity, uniqueness, for the lols, call it however you want too. And costing plat, just as frames helms do, it would add some income $$$ to DE.

if i didnt explained myself enough......... new weapons would need to be a space scy-fy focused model, a skin can be as crazy as you want it to be, just for being a vanity item.