Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make the fractures event a mission-specific event

ObsidianSun

After so many host migrations where we lose everything because the host wasn't doing the event and disconnected midway, I'm nearing the end of my patience.

It makes no sense for us to click the fractures event, only to get dropped with randoms who are fishing, mining, or hunting. I didn't click to get transported to Orb Vallis directly. I clicked to do the event. Why is something this simple so hard to implement?

The number one bane of plains and vallis is host migrations, and the reason why people don't like going there. And making events like these squad up with randoms who have different goals when they entered the map isn't helping that problem.

I agree that DE should implement a dedicated matchmaking for this. You should still be able to do them while just free-roaming. Basically, do what we have with Eidolons.

You do have other options:

• Recruit people in chat first.
  • Don’t run it on public.
  • ’Leave Squad’ when you enter and notice others are not helping.

Host migrations are only an issue when they fail. This seems to be mostly ‘user fault’ as people with fast internet and high spec machines tend to have less/no issues (mine always work).