The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Colors

Ares42ful

Question

17 answers to this question

^At least I answered the question, you did not. The thing about shades is only extra info to back up my answer.

I can see your answer if he was asking "Should I buy the color palettes?", but he's not asking that, is he?

He is asking how all the new people that started playing during this OB, have enough starting platinum to buy the color palettes, which cost 75 platinum. While each new account only starts with 50. The OP didn't know about the limited time Valentine palette which only cost 30 platinum, so I posted this information. (If he knew that he wouldn't be asking, would he?) The shades of red were describing what colors the Valentine palette contained.

That was the only logical answer to how new players were able to "buy colors for their armor" with their starting 50 platinum. Of course there is always the possibility that the new players he saw did in fact buy platinum to buy the 75 platinum color palettes, which is another reason why I talked about shades, to help the OP determine which color palette he saw and/or if the player he saw potentially bought some platinum.

I hope that answers both the OP and your question. Have a nice day. ^_^

Btw we are both assuming the OP is a he, it could be a she... >.<

Edited by FateZero

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

Who cares who answered who or not? Is it really that hard to just write another reply to answer his question without pointing fingers at each other? What type of example are we trying to set especially in these forums called "Players Helping Players?"

Flame gave an important and valuable tip IMO.

Fate answered the OP's question.

Both were good answers.

Why did you choose to start a fight, Mr.Zero?

Anyway, on-topic:

I started playing at the end of January and only started with 50 platinums.

The Valentine's Color Picker will no longer be available after the "Open Beta Weekend" ends.

You can either take advantage of this or save your platinums to buy inventory/warframe slots.

*edit: Furthermore, now I understand what the OP is trying to ask. He's asking whether or not Closed Beta get more or less plats than those who started playing during this limited-time-only Open Beta. Thread title is misleading, his original post is misleading. He is possibly also asking if there's any other way to obtain more platinum without paying.

I don't know about the CB vs OB, but there's no other way to get more platinum.

Edited by wheatnoodles

I am a CB player and I certainly did not get 200 - I got 50 (as did my CB friends). I would gladly take another 150 if the Devs want to give it to me... :D

And I agree - color is the last thing I would spend the free plat on - I went for a reactor to expand my Warframe's skill tree - but I would imagine that the open beta weekenders a) aren't as hip to the games limited resources and b) fully expect everything they do this weekend to be reset when the game is launched, therefore they don't really care...

Why are you beating a dead horse? Flame did not reply and I had no plans after my last post to reply even if he did. I simply asked Flame if he read the question. (I'll be the adult here and admit if the words "Ah" and "even" weren't in my sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded like starting a fight to you, and would have sounded more like what I meant.)

^Toward wheatnoodles

I kinda want to know why and if OB test accounts start with 200 plat? (If they really did) It's not like their accounts will be wiped or anything right? Also if they get a CB key, they will keep the 200 plat and be apart of CB, I assume. (Don't quote me on that)

Edited by FateZero

Why are you beating a dead horse? Flame did not reply and I had no plans after my last post to reply even if he did. I simply asked Flame if he read the question. (I'll be the adult here and admit if the words "Ah" and "even" weren't in my sentence, then it wouldn't have sounded like starting a fight to you, and would have sounded more like what I meant.)

^Toward wheatnoodles

I kinda want to know why and if OB test accounts start with 200 plat? (If they really did) It's not like their accounts will be wiped or anything right? Also if they get a CB key, they will keep the 200 plat and be apart of CB, I assume. (Don't quote me on that)

Sorry, didn't mean to stir it up again, just really wanted to say you were both giving good answers and shouldn't have accused one another of whether it was read correctly or not.

I'm assuming if they can get a CB key that they'd keep everything from their OB account, that is, if there is a difference... (like plats)

Sorry, didn't mean to stir it up again, just really wanted to say you were both giving good answers and shouldn't have accused one another of whether it was read correctly or not.

I'm assuming if they can get a CB key that they'd keep everything from their OB account, that is, if there is a difference... (like plats)

I have and will take that into consideration of my future posts. However I am curious now and to keep this from getting more off-topic, I'm starting a new post. Sorry OP.

A bit off-topic question, but purchasing the "Color Picker A", will it be unlocked for all future warframes or only the currently played one?

I assume it's unlocked for all, but I have to know for sure.

Edited by Grimwing

A bit off-topic question, but purchasing the "Color Picker A", will it be unlocked for all future warframes or only the currently played one?

I assume it's unlocked for all, but I have to know for sure.

Opening the colors give you the colors for your account, that means that you can use it on anything.