Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keyboard layout at login screen. De, please D:

Yrsegor

Hello there.

While trying to login in every time i want to play warframe i have to cgheck out my keyboard layout by typing some symbol to my email adress, so i can be shure i wont get error message for wrong password. For me it contines for all the time i play warframe and this troubles some of my friends. Since there is UI updates comming out last few months, can we, non-english-main keyboard layout hope for some display for it at login screen? like "eng" "rus" "ger" ets? This little thing would be so helpful for ppl like me..

DE, plz hear me 😧

Thanks!

p.s. sorry for my eng

Could you explain your problem a bit more in depth?
Why do you need the keaboard layout displayed ingame? Do you change it all the time? Are you using a layout that you don't know?

I'm always using the german layout because I'm from Germany, and I never had any issues.
I fail to understandwhat kind of problem you have.

I feel your pain OP and i have same problem. I use decent long password and sometimes I mistype it 2-3 times even.
I'm not always sure why this happens (maybe I'm getting old and dyslexia started hitting already? or it's Win 10 issue where sometimes when you type SEcond LEtter is ALso CApital?) but often it's just wrong keyboard layout. Indicator could at least give a quick hint.

As alternative suggestion, I propose "open password option" for those of us who have zero chances of random people sneaking for passwords behind our backs.

Edited by Javrendei

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I'm always using the german layout because I'm from Germany, and I never had any issues.
I fail to understandwhat kind of problem you have.

Then learn more languages with different alphabets and you will understand the nature of this problem.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure you can use German layout for typing exclusively even when you type something in English. But now add Russian to the mix and you will have to add additional layout as alphabets are different and you can't type with German (some young people try typing with transliteration, but it's considered a bad manner like "all caps"). Now add, for example, Ukrainian layout to that, which has specific letters that you cant have in Russian layout (like ß, ä, ö in German but more important).
Well now you have 3 layouts for your needs which you MUST use and no layout indication in Warframe window.

Edited by Javrendei

1 minute ago, Javrendei said:

Then learn more languages with different alphabets and you will understand the nature of this problem.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obviously I know a little bit of English. Doesn't mean I change my keyboard layout when typing something in English.

Let's be real here, how often do people really switch their layout that it needs to be implemented into the game?
I would assume it doesn't happen all that often. 

3 minutes ago, Javrendei said:

Well now you have 3 layouts for your needs which you MUST use and no layout indication in Warframe window.

Actually this isn't really a must. You want to use them.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Obviously I know a little bit of English. Doesn't mean I change my keyboard layout when typing something in English.

I don't understand why you arguing, really. It's OK if you know only languages based on Latin alphabet, but this stubborn ignorance adds nothing constructive to this discussion.
English and German both use ISO basic Latin Alphabet and you obviously don't need different language\layout for your needs.

If you use language with different alphabet (like Russian\Ukrainian\Chinese\you name it) - you absolutely must use different language layout to type properly. Not "want" -  you must.
And when you have multiple layouts and game client that works in fullscreen - layout indicator on login screen is something that can improve QoL for multilingual people.

And all we ask is only tiny indicator, that is pretty much standard UI concept:

Ws8Tp7W.gif