Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keeping the grind fun

0rk0

Warframe is fun... it's more of a lifestyle...but the grind needs to remain fun. Please refrain from going down the route of Fortnite with Nightwave. What is great about Warframe is that you never feel like you have to do something specific today...you could do whatever you want and unwind after work...kill everything on screen in style and feel like a boss while doing it. Yes if you play clever you multitask and take guidance from the daily login reward....be it credit or affinity boost...and always gain focus as an added bonus for those unbound abilities. But it shouldn't become a chore.

After watching DevStream 130 and Steve mentioning Nightwave... I want to suggest the following:

I have noticed the tune in screen...It would be great if your could select the story to tune into...and then whatever challenges you unlock for that week...would then apply to that chosen story. In other words you can then continue with the Wolf of Saturn on your own time where you left off. The Story can then unfold depending on how far you track on the ladder...example 5 parts ,so every 6 levels you get a cut scene unlocked. Similar to how you have to log into quests to complete them. It will remove the anxiety of having to play else you miss out on that specific piece of equipment...sleep is important. Less of a race and more fun. I do get you dont want rare items floating all over...but having to invest the time into unlocking it should be enough of a barrier... if you dont make it available to buy. Creating a piece of equipment that only one person wears is pointless....as most people wont see it.

Other random ideas around greater use of the companion app on phones:

Add the individual Warframe trailers to the codex....they help with the hype train lol.

Add more lore to the companion App under the codex for reading the background stories...maybe as you unlock the entries via the scans. The codex on the app feels inferior to the info available in-game. When Im in-game I want to play. I know there is a wiki... but I think you should consolidate a bit....again it about the lifestyle and the companion app allows you to stay informed on the go. It needs some rework and that main screen in your orbiter should definitely feature in the App somewhere as a summary on one page to glance at.

Stream DevStreams to the companion app...to which we are logged in already...for drop rewards...instead of having issues with steam/twitch/mixer. Being awake in the morning hours and then not getting rewards is annoying.

Some things to think about...great game...been enjoying it...a lil too much in my opinion. Keep up the great work.

4 hours ago, 0rk0 said:

Stream DevStreams to the companion app...to which we are logged in already...for drop rewards...instead of having issues with steam/twitch/mixer. Being awake in the morning hours and then not getting rewards is annoying.

If you are having issues with Steam/Twitch/Mixer, you would still have problems if it were embedded into the app. Unless you are saying DE should build out a video streaming network the size of Twitch just for a stream every week, in which case this is bonkers.

To have the DevStream embedded in the companion app would still be a move in the right direction in my opinion...which would mean that you need to go to one place to get all your Warframe info/ news.

Not certain if it would make tracking who watched the stream easier...but I would like to think so as you log into Warframe and then accessing the 3rd party site....instead of 3rd party site informing DE who watched. If DE can track me playing 30min Survival mode... I would like to believe they can time me watching the stream.

Although annoying to not receive the drops... especially the exclusive drops... the main purpose of the Devstream is the sharing of info...so it was only a suggestion to more focus on bringing it all together. The drops are a bonus.