Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Some Nightwave Challenges

(PSN)Zymh-esque

Nightwave, as a whole, is a major improvement from the alerts system. It encourages people to play content they wouldn't otherwise, allows you to choose what rewards you want when you want them, and provides some small scale lore that can be pretty interesting. However, some challenges that Nora gives the player can be detrimental to the experience, and slow down progression. For example, the challenge to gild a modular item has caused me, and other players I know, to hold on to ungilded amps, zaws, MOAs, etc and wait to gild them for when the corresponding NW challenge came up. Not because we want to, but so that we would have some for it readily available instead of being forced to waste a slot, standing, and resources. The same applies to the forma challenge. I have many things that I would like to forma, but haven't yet for some because I feel that I would be wasting the opportunity to complete a NW challenge when it eventually comes around. Challenges like these don't help the player, they often hinder them and end up making things worse off by causing us to not manage our equipment how we would most like to. Challenges should be limited to completing things in missions (capturing the Hydrolyst, completing ESO rounds, killing eximus, doing 3 spies, getting takedowns, etc) and shouldn't have anything to do with equipment management. While this isn't a system-breaking flaw, but Nightwave would be much improved if challenges like these were removed.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Unbound_Ninja-_- said:

Nightwave, as a whole, is a major improvement from the alerts system. It encourages people to play content they wouldn't otherwise, allows you to choose what rewards you want when you want them, and provides some small scale lore that can be pretty interesting. However, some challenges that Nora gives the player can be detrimental to the experience, and slow down progression. For example, the challenge to gild a modular item has caused me, and other players I know, to hold on to ungilded amps, zaws, MOAs, etc and wait to gild them for when the corresponding NW challenge came up. Not because we want to, but so that we would have some for it readily available instead of being forced to waste a slot, standing, and resources. The same applies to the forma challenge. I have many things that I would like to forma, but haven't yet for some because I feel that I would be wasting the opportunity to complete a NW challenge when it eventually comes around. Challenges like these don't help the player, they often hinder them and end up making things worse off by causing us to not manage our equipment how we would most like to. Challenges should be limited to completing things in missions (capturing the Hydrolyst, completing ESO rounds, killing eximus, doing 3 spies, getting takedowns, etc) and shouldn't have anything to do with equipment management. While this isn't a system-breaking flaw, but Nightwave would be much improved if challenges like these were removed.

I agree, I had my problems with those challenges because of having already everything formaed and gilded. But I also think that, like some challenges are for newer players to be aware of the existance of those features and content, this is a way of telling players to stock up on stuff and farm, farm, and grind. 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Unbound_Ninja-_- said:

Nightwave, as a whole, is a major improvement from the alerts system. It encourages people to play content they wouldn't otherwise, allows you to choose what rewards you want when you want them, and provides some small scale lore that can be pretty interesting.

However, some challenges that Nora gives the player can be detrimental to the experience, and slow down progression. For example, the challenge to gild a modular item has caused me, and other players I know, to hold on to ungilded amps, zaws, MOAs, etc and wait to gild them for when the corresponding NW challenge came up. Not because we want to, but so that we would have some for it readily available instead of being forced to waste a slot, standing, and resources.

The same applies to the forma challenge. I have many things that I would like to forma, but haven't yet for some because I feel that I would be wasting the opportunity to complete a NW challenge when it eventually comes around.

Challenges like these don't help the player, they often hinder them and end up making things worse off by causing us to not manage our equipment how we would most like to. Challenges should be limited to completing things in missions (capturing the Hydrolyst, completing ESO rounds, killing eximus, doing 3 spies, getting takedowns, etc) and shouldn't have anything to do with equipment management.

While this isn't a system-breaking flaw, but Nightwave would be much improved if challenges like these were removed.

Here, now maybe people can even read your post without getting a migraine.

Also let me inform you that you no longer have to gild anything.

Edited by Alcatraz
  • Like 1