The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

It's a problem of RAM memory? (Fortuna)

NGXIS

Hi! I want to know something to clear my doubt. (Sorry for my english)

I don't have any relevant perfomance problems with the game, including Fortuna works 60fps with all ultra presets (in everything possible) BUT, for example, when I go to fight Profit-Taker, the game works to 60fps but when I go out from the elevator I have a FPS drop (I think it's almost normal for all players because load all the map). The thing is, sometimes took 1 eternity minute to get back to 60fps stable and then, when it seems to be fine in the middle of the fight, there are moments that drop fps again and then go quickly back to 60fps. That little moments are sometimes annoying.

But I'm not complaining about this, it just I think the second problem (fps drop and then get back to 60fps) is fault of my memory RAM that reach to the limit (I have 8GB RAM).
Here are a picture of what I say:

Spoiler

4HLDl0W.png

Yes, it only says 6GB of RAM of 8GB possible, but for example, If I go to Plains of Eidolon, then Onsalught Sanctuary, then do sorties and then go to fight Profit-Taker on Orb Vallis, the game go easily to 6.5GB RAM (MSI Afterburner says that most consume moment was 7100MB RAM). So, I was thinking if the problem that happens sometimes when I'm in a middle of fight, is fault of memory RAM reaching to limit or is just the limit my PC in general can handle?

My PC specs:
Mobo: Asus B85M-G r2.0
RAM: 2x4 GB Gskill Sniper DDR3 (1600mhz)
CPU: Intel i5 4590 with hyper evo 212
Graphic card: Gigabyte RX 570 4GB
Power supply: Seasonic M12II 620w
Resolution: 1920x1080, all high locked at 60fps

So, what seems to be the problem, not enough memory ram, not enough graphic card, or??? If the problem is memory RAM, I can buy 4gb more to reach to 12gb ram (but I hope differents ram DDR3 models not create any conflict)

Thanks to anyone who help.

Edited by NGXIS

On 2019-09-05 at 10:34 PM, NGXIS said:

The thing is, sometimes took 1 eternity minute to get back to 60fps

High CPU usage for a minute mostly coming from Warframe itself? This might just be graphics shader loading and initializing that may take up to 1 minute after loading screen or after entering Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon. Here are some other topics about this.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1088029-massive-cpu-useage/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1042658-high-cpu-load-at-the-beginning-of-orb-vallis-missions/

There are a few types of memory usage.
Active private working set just looks at memory being used by the process itself, does not count GPU memory.
Commit size, looks at all mapped RAM, include both CPU memory and GPU memory.

My Warframe game takes up about 3 GB of Active private working set of RAM, and 5 GB of commit size, as shown in task manager. My GPU memory usage is mostly 2 GB.

When your Warframe game on screenshot shows "RAM 6091 MB", is that commit memory that added up both CPU and GPU memory? GPU with dedicated RAM does not take up system RAM, it is likely plenty of unused RAM available.

On 2019-09-05 at 10:34 PM, NGXIS said:

I can buy 4gb more to reach to 12gb ram (but I hope differents ram DDR3 models not create any conflict)

The RAM might not be the problem, but if you want more RAM, then go with 16 GB if possible, for fast 100% dual channel.
4+4+0+4 is only a partial 67% dual channel that can slow down CPU and lower FPS.
With 4+4+4+4 (all RAM at equal size), move old ram together on the same channel, with newer RAM together on same channel (old, old, newer, newer), so there will be less conflicts, more compatible, and hopefully no random crashes, with full 100% dual channel.

Edited by sam686

High CPU usage for a minute mostly coming from Warframe itself? This might just be graphics shader loading and initializing that may take up to 1 minute after loading screen or after entering Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon. Here are some other topics about this.

Thanks for answer. I not see high CPU usage (max 70% and then go to normal, 40-50%) when this happen but I notice that not took like 1 minute anymore. Just take to 15 seconds and then is fine.

When your Warframe game on screenshot shows "RAM 6091 MB", is that commit memory that added up both CPU and GPU memory? GPU with dedicated RAM does not take up system RAM, it is likely plenty of unused RAM available.

That 6091 MB of RAM is from CPU (the memory's ram that are placed on the motherboard, right?) only. The GPU ram or VRAM is above and in that moment was like 3000MB. I do a 5 profit-taker continually and all works fine, then I think what really happen is Orb Vallis need a little more of optimization, and that will take some time, so no problem for me. I can play the game perfectly.

The RAM might not be the problem, but if you want more RAM, then go with 16 GB if possible, for fast 100% dual channel.
4+4+0+4 is only a partial 67% dual channel that can slow down CPU and lower FPS.
With 4+4+4+4 (all RAM at equal size), move old ram together on the same channel, with newer RAM together on same channel (old, old, newer, newer), so there will be less conflicts, more compatible, and hopefully no random crashes, with full 100% dual channel.

Then i'll try to not buy more at the moment not only for save money, it's just because I don't want to invest on "old" PC and avoid any new problem if is still working fine, but is good to know that, thank you!!

Edited by NGXIS