Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small Suggestion For Droprates/rng

PikkuUkko

I have played a lot of games in my life, and have come to both love and hate the RNG.

It's not fun to grind for hours for a single item, especially if a friend gets it in ten minutes.

But it's not fun either, if you know exactly that a certain enemy/place drops it and you focus completely in it, ignoring everything else in the game.

My suggestion is, that make a limit of how many of a certain item you can have. When the limit is reached, it would be removed from your loot table, increasing the chance of getting the other stuff.

And when you use up the items, they would be able to drop again.

For example, you could only have x number of resource. When that limit is reached, the missions that have chance to drop it, would have higher chance of dropping other resources.

The limit should reflect both the rarity and usability of the item, as an example you could only have 1 Banshee Chassis Blueprint, only 1 Latron Prime Barrel, xxxxxx of common resource, xxx of uncommon resource, x of a rare resource etc...

(Of course, if/when there will be trading system, you should be able to get more than 1 of each blueprint etc)

Why do I suggest this kind of a system?

Because we would still have the joy of suprise, and could get lucky.

And at the same time, we would have "light at the end of a tunnel", we would know that if we continue grinding, we are certain to get that special something.