Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate mission Associates : IA / interaction

Brucieman64

Syndicate missions, being unlocked fairly quickly, are a great chanche to farm standing on the quick.
These missions offer you a couple of Syndicate agents, following you as a back-up in case you may need it.
However, these fellows tend to either get stuck in the floor/ stairs , stay behind when surrounded by enemies (I often come back to check them, only to find a bullying scene ),
I'm sure this may seem..irreleveant, as them dying / getting left behind leaves no consequence on the player reward , and no one would want to sign up for babysitting , but I personally feel bad about leaving those poor dorky 5 - minutes - friends behind. I even made a "Syndicate Goat" arsenal, specifically to break containers (checking for medallions in the area) , using Oberon to heal them and give a fighting chanche,that they otherwise would not have, given the vast numbers of enemies.
Today, another Perrin operative died, thanks to me accidentally disabling my regeneration, found him in a mass of grineer hacking his organs out. After removing the problem, I could not even revive him.

So, my  proposal is : Check the AI nav , let us revive them when they run out of hp, like clem in his mission, red marker  and all (they can revive each other, but they are slow as heck, and sometimes I even witnessed the reviving failing).
It would also be nice to have some sort of rank-up system,wich would allow you to manage agents once you reach top rank in syndicate standing,or a certain amount, in order to be able to "level up" these mission-specific friends, maybe even have them help you out like specters on normal missions after they become moderably useful.

TL;DR : Syndicate missions agents are broken useless , they die too easily, or get stuck in the floor / midair , and there's no reward for caring about them.

First and foremost, there should be an option not to take them to missions at all. It's annoying to deal with them for all the reasons.

But I think it would be more interesting if they were reworked to act similar to air support drops. You use a thing that spawns 2 syndicate operatives for 5 minutes. During that time not only do they provide fire support, they also give you syndicate-specific buffs, like being able to proc syndicate radial effects with any weapon while they are active. How about that?